Christina Ebbesen is 37 years old, lives in Fredericia, denmark, and has worked as døvepræst in ten years. She is a woman full of words and lots of personality - and on Monday, she can add another title to his resume: novelist.
however, It is probably not just such a novel, one had thought came from the priest's hand, when you hear the action. It is a homoerotisk fantasyroman, where a young white man meets a dark elf. Even if the white man really is fighting for the princess, he ends up with to fall in love with the dark elf, coming from a bleak past with another man.
- You may say that it is called 'bromance', develops into a 'romance', says Ms Ebbesen, about his upcoming book.
the Book follows the two men's relationship through fantasyverdenen as a secret gay couple with both intimate scenes and dangerous challenges.
the Book: 'Sumpbaronens trip' is about two men who fall in love, despite all odds are against them. They embark on a dangerous educational journey together through the fantasy world. Photo: Anders Brohus
Although there are different opinions about homosexuality in the Danish national church, Christina Ebbesen right don't care what her colleagues at the yderfløjen thinking about the new book.
- I know that there are priests who are against homosexuality, but I think, actually, that they should come into the year 2019.
Christina Ebbesen looks far from most of the pastors like some dry biscuits. In fact, most just so fresh and full of ideas as her own, she believes. Photo: Anders Brohus
A study, TV2 made back in december of 2017, showed that every fifth priest in Denmark refused to consecrate same-sex couples. Christina Ebbesen believes it is a matter of interpretation of the bible.
- Yes, it is true that in Leviticus, chapter 20, verse 13, reads: 'Men who have sex with men shall be put to death.' But for søren ... In the same paragraph, verse 9, says also: 'Whoever curses his father or mother must suffer death' - and we have the fun enough is not taken to us, right?
Christina herself is heterosexual and has no need to publish the book for personal reasons. In general, she believes, simply, that there are all too few books and movies where a gay character has got the lead role.
- It is such a pity that the gay friend will always be him who comes with clothes-tips and tricks in one or another actor in a supporting role. I need more gay roles, says Ms Ebbesen, who in his new book and had actually planned a romance between two bright men, but ended up in a light man and a dark elf.
- It is really just to make it even wider - why could it not just as well be a dark and a light man?
To the book, among other things, made illustrations, showing the two men in the same bed. Photo: Anders Brohus
the Book 'Sumpbaronens journey' is the first book in the series 'To'aretz' end', which will contain six books. The second book in the series is almost already written, and already Christina Ebbesen reveal that there are more intimate scenes in it.
- once I learned that, if there was a scene, man had difficulty to write, it was probably the most important thing, she smiles.
- But the message of my books is not really the sexual. It is that one must love themselves, as you are. Can it also be something for the other.