The historic Hotel Dagmar in the cathedral town of Ribe is the last few days been hit by rumors of a secret to be the home of an islamic cultural centre.
In follow the rumors have a cultural center for muslims in southern Jutland recently settled down in a grade ii listed building owned by the hotels. The building is located close to the cathedral.
the Hotel's chef, Soren Brønk, which itself is converted to Islam, rejects the rumors as pure opspin.
- I do not know why you are trying to referred the hotel to me. That we should have something to do with an islamic cultural centre is completely plucked out of thin air, says Søren Brønk to Ekstra Bladet.
- Yes, I myself am muslim and have been for five years. But we do not, therefore, any community centre under the guise of the hotel, he says.
Søren Brønk provide to Ekstra Bladet, that there is in the annexe on the corner of the Square and Præstegade ca. 100 metres away from the nearly 450 year old building of the hotel, is decorated in a minor, praying for the needs of employees.
- It is a service to some of our employees. Longer is not, he says.
The old building close up ad Ribes landmark was purchased by the Hotel Dagmar in the previous year and has, over the years, the house fire department, police department and most recently a law office.
When the Extra Leaf asking Søren Brønk or disprove a piece of information for a muslim mini-conference at the hotel in the past weekend, hesitate he in the first place and will only confirm the meeting indirectly.
- We are not out and announcing to the right and the left, what our customers have to meet at the Hotel Dagmar. We have all sorts of family celebrations and business, and we are not around and listening at doors.
The meeting you mention, I can also not comment on. But since it has been announced, I'll just say that the hotel in no way had anything of the meeting to make in addition to rent the premises.
- Yes, but only as a private individual.
- I don't know. It has emerged out of the blue within the past week.
- If someone has a problem with me, I would prefer that they seek out me under four eyes, rather than that referred my site, says Søren Brønk.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------the Hotelier: - This is new for me
At Danish Hotels A/S, which operates the 21 medium-sized hotels across the country, know the chairman of the board Erik Sophus Falck, not to the current rumors about the islamic occupation of the Hotel Dagmar.
- It is quite new for me, and I can't imagine that there is some truth, he says to Ekstra Bladet.
- At our hotels, we are not interfering in religious issues. The hotels are religionsneutrale areas. One of our bosses in Ribe, Søren, is a muslim, I'm well aware of that, but it has no bearing on his employment.
- Søren Brønk tells us that there is a praying for some employees in the annexe in Præstegade.
- It is however against the rules. The annex building is purchased in order to be able to offer rooms to our guests and nothing else, says Erik Sophus Falck.