- I have some friends I meet with, but I am very careful with where I meet with them.
- I shall ensure that I will not be seen, at least not by immigrants.
- It is no matter with others, but just generally iraqis, they should not see me with the boys, because they will take it in a completely different consideration.
- I will be judged on it, they will not take it as if it's just my friends, they will take it as if it is my boyfriends, maybe.
How to say Selda, participating the report 'Young people's experiences of negative social control', as Als Research made for the Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (SIRI). The report shows that young people with non-western origin in a much higher degree than young people with English or western background, experience negative social control and curtailment of their freedom:
E.g. 12 % of the home girls between 15 and 17 years do not have friends of the opposite sex, and 13 % do not know whether they must.
And among the 18-29-year-olds are experiencing 25 % of the home women and 28 % of the home men, to concern for family honor means ’everything’ or ’much’ for what they do in their everyday lives.
And Selda is not the only one who has told the authors about his life:
- Well, in the culture, so do boys and men more than girls do, at that point.
- My brother, he is not doing what he wants, but when it comes to me, then it's much more controlled.
the nation - 28. sep. 2017 - at. 10:38 Young muslim woman kisses young Danish man at Nørrebro: So were some sour
- I can remember, my brother, he has talked to openly about that he had a girlfriend across from me and talked about the fact that now he had just broken up with his girlfriend, so now he had to find himself a new one.
- And so was I, if I ever said it to him, so would he, of course, flipping out, really!
And it is solely because of that, I'm a girl, tells Leisha, who is 20 years old.
a year ago, the Institute for human rights a report about the Extreme social control, and the recommended bl.a. schools with many pupils with a minority background employ special advisers, but what do you say?