A single dirt road winds from the ferry landing and around Egholm. The fields germinate slowly, and a few metres from the road stands 12 deer and eat.
Egholm is a five minutes boat trip from Aalborg and is the country's largest ecological island. Although the zip code 9000 and really belongs to the city, shows the rich wildlife everywhere. This is why people move here.
- We fell for the island, as we held the christening over here. We like the city but love the peace in the country. Here, we could get it all, " says Johan Hoberg Ringström, president of Egholm Eco-Island, who moved here with his wife and three children three years ago.
the Government and the Danish people's Party is presenting here the new motorvejsplaner. Video: Ritzau
Shortly before the social democrats are the government and the Danish people's Party agreed on a infrastrukturaftale to 112,7 billion.
- We will have less commuting time. With infrastrukturplanen we can make sure that it goes faster to transport themselves from A to B, whether you use train, bus or car, said minister for transport mr Ole Birk Olesen (LA) at a press conference Wednesday.
the Politicians promise, among other things, that the construction of the third Limfjordsforbindelse, as people from northern jutland have sighed for in decades, is going in time in 2024. 6,6 billion is that set of to the project.
A highway bridge over the island, however, is not at the top of the islanders ' wish list.
We are wildly excited that there will be a third Limfjordsforbindelse. It is, therefore, just the completely wrong place, says Torben Lund.
He is war veteran with ptsd and moved here two and a half years ago in order to have peace and quiet together with her she Coca.
- This solution is not going to relieve the traffic in the Aalborg as much as if they built an extra tube in the tunnel in the east. So they would not destroy our nature.
it's also the main argument. We will have to talk to our animals cause they can't themselves do it, adds Ove Axelsen, who is the president of Egholm Consultation and have lived here for 35 years.
- But we believe it is, of course, because we live right here, it is clear. We live here of course, because we love the silence. But it is also a bad solution for all the others, he says.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------the ferryman to the sea built themselves bridges: - Shameful of the politicians
Egholmfærgen chugging quietly from Aalborg to Egholm. Raised high above the deck sits captain Ole Clausen in the wheelhouse and flying Egholm citizens and visitors safe over the Limfjord.
The 70-year-olds 'Færgefatter', as he is called in the vernacular, have had the bar in 14 years. Before that, he was a diver on the brokonstruktioner.
- I have been with to make the great belt Bridge and the øresund Bridge, but the bridges generated just isn't any. There we made actually new islands, he says, and does not hide that he is against the government and the Danish people's party, the new transportation agreement.
'Færgefatter' call the local Ole Clausen, who has been 'dad' for the ferries Egholm and Egholm II in 14 years. He hopes not, motorvejsbroen of Egholm becomes something. Photo: René Schütze
- It is shameful of the politicians, they should even come aboard a day when the ferry is full of grandparents with grandchildren on the way on the trip here at green spot. Egholm is a breathing space.
It is not finally fixed, there will be an exit on Egholm, and on the ferry in such a case, set the voyage. Regardless of what it is not the ship's future, who gets the ferryman to the sea, up in the red field.
- It don't mean a damn thing for me, for when they are finished, I'm retired.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------Togpendlerne lose
With the new transport contract scraps the government and the Danish people's Party Togfonden, which was adopted in 2014 by Helle Thorning-Schmidt-the government, Enhedslisten and Dansk Folkeparti.
It should have ensured lightning-fast trains and a journey time of just an hour between the country's four largest cities. There will, however, remain invested billions in public transport, but the agreement does not mention anything about how much it will shorten the travel time.
today, running the trip from Aalborg to Aarhus is at an hour and 23 minutes. Ekstra Bladet has asked togpendlerne at Aalborg Station, what they think about the new agreement.
- I also think It is hard. I commute every day to the Aalborg Sygehus, where I is the social and health care assistant. They have the cut in the number of trains, so it takes a long time to come, so I am very tired of.
- I only take the train to Dundee, then the travel time is okay for me, but I still think it is a bad deal. It is at its worst for the nature of Egholm, as we are many who use.
I just got a job in Aarhus and take the train down there, so I think it is a little hard. You will always want to fast forward and rewind, but the money must be taken from somewhere.
OVERVIEW: Here, the government will invest billions in roads and trains
the Government and the Danish people's Party presents Wednesday an agreement on investment in the infrastructure.
the Agreement contains investment 112,7 billion in the period from 2021 to 2030.
Here you can read about the main features of the agreement.
* a Third connection over the Limfjord: 6,6 billion. The first phase to be launched in 2024.
* Southern Ring 5 to the west of Copenhagen: 6.5 billion dollars. The second phase launched in the 2025-2030.
* New midtjysk highway between Edmonton and Give: 5,8-7,5 billion dollars. The first phase is initiated 2023. The final amount depends on the route chosen.
* New railway over Western: 4.8 billion dollars. The first phase is initiated 2024.
* Frederikssundmotorvejens third stage: 3,4 billion. The first phase to be launched in 2022.
* Kalundborgmotorvejens third stage: 1,8 billion dollars. The first phase to be launched in 2023.
* Construction of highway from Glasgow to Rønnede (Route 54): 1.5 billion kroner. The first phase is initiated 2024.
* New railway between Vejle and Billund. Priority is given to 926 million dollars. The project to be launched in 2023.
in Addition the plan expansion of the existing infrastructure. It applies, among other things:
* the Extension of highway E45 between Aarhus S and Aarhus N from four to six tracks.
* the Expansion of the E45 motorway between Vejle (Hornstrup) and Skanderborg S from four to six tracks.
* the Extension of the motorway E20/E45 to Kolding V-motorway junctions (MVK), Kolding, denmark.
* the Extension of the E20 motorway south of Odense. The highway extends from exit 53, Odense V, and with the new exit 50 Hjallese from four to six tracks.
* Increased capacity on the Motorring 3 in Copenhagen.
* the Extension of the Hillerødmotorvejen, M3 to the Ring 4 (both directions).
* the Expansion of the Ring 4 (northern part).
* the Upgrading to highway of the Hillerødmotorvejens extension.
* the Upgrade of the two motortrafikvejsstrækninger to the highway around Herning.
Source: "Agreement on a coherent Denmark', the Government.dk.read more Close