Birthe Jørgensen is highly demented and was scheduled to have enjoyed his last years at the House Nyvang in Randers.
A place with a particular focus on the type of citizens, who would get an extra treat here.
however, It is by no means the case, believes her daughter to Gary. High turnover among staff, lack of care and lack of activities according to the her everyday life at the nursing home, and that's how the daughter experienced the place, since the mother moved in.
- you Could ask my mother today, I do not think she would wish that she stank of pee and feces, or were soaked in it, or that there was feces in the bed and the chair. I don't believe it, she would think was particularly cosy, says his daughter Jannie Nielsen to TV2 Østjylland.
the Mother understands, unfortunately, not very much of the situation and can't even keep track of the hygiene, but Jannie Nielsen looks at each visit clearly, how the state of things is.
It upsets and worries her.
- It's only gone downhill. I think, all agree. At the last staff well. Now she has put 20 pounds on. Some of it is due to medication – it is I – but 20 kilos, it seems I'm violently.
the Family chose that particular House Nyvang, because it is from Randers Municipality before the opening in march 2018 was presented as the pinnacle in the field of care of people with dementia.
Here there would be room for that they could live their life virtually, just like before the disease. There would be activities for the residents daily and the ability to use a bakery, a grocery store and a hairdresser.
- How it was never, and now also lacks the most basic care. There is high turnover in staff, and it makes my mom uncomfortable, tell Jannie Nielsen and continues:
- Security and predictability is incredibly important. So it's clear that when it is constantly changing with people coming to you, is not comfortable.
It has had big consequences for the family, to the mother, according to them, did not receive the necessary care at Nyvang. For example, the Jannies son felt forced to visit his grandma anymore because he can't keep out of look at how she has it.
- I have been on sick leave with stress. Not with my good will, but some times the body says, and then one must listen for it, tell Jannie Nielsen on.
Jannie Nielsen feel to the degree that her and the rest of the family's expectations have never been fulfilled, and it recognizes a member of the Omsorgsudvalget Kasper Fuhr (Velfærdslisten), enough have been the case.
- There is no doubt that there are big problems on the House Nyvang. We have been talking expectations up without being able to honour them. And it is doubtful whether we ever come to it, " says Kasper Fuhr to TV2 Østjylland.
- It is too little, and we have failed. There has been a high turnover of staff, too many temporary workers and too few with the right skills, he continues.
Kasper Fuhr has repeatedly been the House Nyvang on the political agenda, and a recently presented report shows that there has been progress, though there remain challenges in several areas.
- Within the last year we have had several processes in time at the nursing home to overcome some of the challenges. In several areas we have come far, but there is obviously still room for improvement, says the president of the omsorgsudvalget, Fatma Cetinkaya (S) to TV2 Østjylland.
The latest report from the House Nyvang shows, among other things, to use fewer temporary workers and less sick leave, like medarbejderudskiftningen is declining.
- We are not sitting on your hands, but trying to correct the problems, says the chairperson of the committee.
in addition to problemener with the basic care is the nursing home received criticism for the lack of offers, which would separate the House Nyvang from other places. But the bakery, grocery store and various activities has never come up in the revs.
- There have been challenges in finding volunteers, which will operate the tenders. It has always been the plan, that it would have to be operated on a voluntary basis. It may not come as a surprise to anyone, says Fatma Cetinkaya.
But how is the House Nyvang so special demensvenligt? - It is especially the framework around the nursing home, there is demensvenlige. It is fenced, and residents would like to be able to move freely around the facility and be sure.
Back at the House Nyvang looking Jannie Nielsen and the family into an uncertain future for the mother, Birthe Jorgensen.
Preferably, the family would have wished that some of them had had the profits to take Julie home, but it is not possible.
- I have a bad conscience. I thought that it was perfect. I lived nearby, it had to be new and the best. And what do you know, before you stand in it? You know not with a stick. You will just the best, says Jannie Nielsen.
- My mother die of this disease, and how it is. Until then it is storage. I know it sounds hard, but it is the.
Finally, she just a plea to politicians and the Randers Municipality: - Realize by now, we have a problem instead of coming up with every possible excuse. And so few dedicate some more resources.
It is all about money and rating, but it is also people.