When two school-age children of the mother Tomi , 33, once was interested in dyykkaa, he was already a long time digging out of garbage cans of stuff.
I've always been of the old objects after, so I dug through the dumpster, which people will reject the goods, Tomi told me.
Five years ago I came across on social media dyykkaamisen topics images. Understand that food can be dyykkaa, because the food waste volume is quite huge, Anniina said.
in England while living Anniina met people who dyykkasivat living. Tomi thought that he could try.
I got the information and I joined the many dyykkaamisen topics Facebook group. Find like-minded people and interest grew. Find friends, with whom I went to dyykkaa, Tomi told me.
Places you have to initially seek and to ask other. Any can't dyykkaa, as in all the garbage cans is not open access, and of all places to find decent food to eat.
Food waste is a huge number. I prefer the open shops and restaurants of garbage cans, which is easy to access.
Story continues pictures.Fruit, vegetables and herbs, in trash cans to find huge amounts of perfectly edible food. Anniina's home album ANNIINA home album healthy food for free
Tomi is already almost five years dyykkaa almost all the food for themselves and their children.
- This has become a way of life and weekly routine. The garbage I get almost everything, except milk products, which anyway I use very little. The trade will be between the buy in addition to eggs, oil, butter, spices and dried products, as these can be found dyykatessa my only occasionally, Tomi told me.
One of the reasons why Tomi is dyykkaa is that of the trash cans to find a really a lot of vegetables and herbs, which, incidentally, are the grocery store expensive.
I Strive to eat healthy and I want my son to eat the best possible nutrient-rich food. Of dumpsters we eat even more healthily than by trading in. I also have a dog, which I strive to feed as natural as possible and in accordance with the dyykkaa of makes it possible, Tomi said.
Many people think that in the trash to go the food was always old and outdated, but out of garbage cans can be found even raw vegetables and fruits.
I've found avocado bags that are thrown away, while the avocado is still unripe. Also bananas they are often green in the trash, Anniina said.
Story continues pictures.Once Anniina found in a dumpster 12 pounds salmon. All will eat. Anniina's home album burger sweet potato fries can be served also dyykkarin in the kitchen. Anniina's home album scrap, but not inedible
Tomi is a professional chef and avid cook.
I Try to, I eat fresh, from scratch made food. Semi-finished products or cooked dishes I don't use.
Tomi is sekasyöjä and take out of garbage cans also chicken, meat and fish. How is the trash taken to the meat or fish product freshness?
- human Senses goes a long way. Many meat products are so full of preservatives that they can eat long after the date of. I've eaten sausage, which was three weeks old. Yet never have I become food for the sick, Anniina said.
a germaphobe Anniina does not suffer. He could smell and taste to find food, and take anything suspicious.
- of Course, I washed all the vegetables and cooked meat as well as fish, Anniina said.resent the diver
Although Tomi and his two sons eat the same food, not children's friends feed dyykattua food.
- Use always in the shop, if I know that the children's friends coming over. I don't want to get feedback from the other parents, because dyykkaa is still taboo, Anniina stress.
And dyykkaa where you should not all advertising. Anniina get between I heard that isn't embarrassing to scavenge garbage for food.
- Sometimes, people also ask, that I'm somehow poor, Anniina says with a laugh.
Poverty is not a question, but out of dumpsters to save.
That money, which I left unused food goes to, say, travel. Money saved has allowed a lot of things, which I would not otherwise afford, Tomi told me.
Story continues pictures.tomi's home album salmon and asparagus on rice. This meal is conjured into a dumpster löydetyin material. Anniina's home album scrap to go to waste
many of the shops and restaurants of the dumpsters has been modified as closed, and I can no longer access. This is a trend that Tomi keeps it a shame.
- for Example, Lild-chain trade of trash cans no longer get, nor did they donate food waste to charity. Food may also in some shops ruin inedible as so that it can no longer take advantage of, Anniina said.
Tomi told me that once a store dumpster on the side was a note, which read that the garbage is thrown rat poison.
- Many of the trader sees the criminal activity that their trash dig. I don't understand why, Anniina decide.
tomi's name has been changed.
the Case is initially published in August 2018.