Heavy rain postponed qualifying for Sunday's contest at the Red Bull Ring in the three quarter, before the kings of the wet conditions was unleashed.
Lewis Hamilton topped the in front of Max Verstappen, while Sergio Perez down to 17. square stressed that he is not so fond of the wet weather, which those who have grown up on gokartbaner in Northern europe.
Kevin Magnussen was number 15 and loved his working day, despite the difficult conditions.
- I think we should run, when it is extremely, he says to Ekstra Bladet in an online meeting.
- It is not true that we have a tyre for extreme rain, and we are not allowed to use it. In the day we used it, because the circumstances were right. It is the good balance. It is not good if there is red flag in the session due to the weather and in the moment that it is green, so will all switch to intermediates. So have postponed it for too long, he thinks.
the weather Is good enough to redningshelikopteren can fly, and it is possible to get a grip on the long sides, is Kevin Magnussen in favour of running.
- When you can't run in a straight line due to aquaplaning, it is obviously too much. But just because there are a few puddles, it does not mean that one should postpone the session; we can survive. However, the long sides an endless row of standing water, is the red flag needed.
Why is dane not necessarily 100 percent agree that the qualification was deferred so long.
- I don't know if it was impossible. For we were not sent out. If we were sent out there, we should be cautious in the first laps and check the situation, and then we could decide whether it was too much, he says.
Photo: Glen Dunbar/Haas F1 Team
11. 14. the square separated only one-tenth Charles Leclerc, George Russell, Lance Stroll and Daniil Kvyat.
Then there was a half second down to Magnussen at 15. the square, which, despite several attempts in the wet weather is not be able to find more time.
I felt that I had control of the car, and I always feel comfortable in the relationship. I don't think I could get more out of it and pushed it to the maximum. But I realized that the hole was too large. There is only so much you can do as a driver.
And I was no more than a half a second or so from the Ferrarien. It says everything, he says.
For Sunday's race comes Charles Leclerc even to keep slightly in front of Kevin Magnussen.
the Ferrari driver received a three placeringers punishment for getting in the way for Daniil Kvyat and start the 14's.
See also: Water-wit: the Danish F1-hope's totaltriumf
See also: Ferrari-the suspicion spreads
team boss Günther Steiner was well satisfied with what was delivered in the Danish side of the garage.
- Look at Kevin's last lap. He improved in the first two sectors, but lost four tenths in the last. Even if he found something more in sector three, it would not have made much difference, what position is concerned. We are at the limit of what we can in the moment, he says.
Sunday's race is run, probably in dry weather. In order to ensure a top speed at the Red Bull Ring's longitudinal side, that does not make Haas defenseless in the DRS zones, they have had to sacrifice some downforce, which costs in the turns, and grip when it is wet.
Romain Grosjean ride in the gravel on the first lap costing the frenchman's chance to set a time.
Much more to Kevin Magnussen Past day Understand F1's kørermarked: How is Kevin Past day Kevin checkmate in the Ferrari games Past day fears: Haas is on the heels of Past day If Kevin can reach the podium ... Past day He has all the data: Here Kevin improve Past day, Kevin's own prescription: The perfect start