Last year qualified Haas-drivers are often in the top ten. Australia, Bahrain, Spain, Monaco and Austria featured on the decidedly excellent tidtagninger.
So good, they will not be in this season.
The acknowledged team boss Günther Steiner already after the qualification for the Austrian Grand Prix.
Also awaiting a difficult season, where rivals have taken big steps forward, and the money for the development as a result of coronakrisen is small.
However, despite two out-of-print Haas-racers in the premiere, there was glimmer of hope in the team's debriefing, told Günther Steiner, en Ekstra Bladet spoke with him Sunday evening.
in Fact, he can not wait to run race number two on the same track.
I still believe that we can get more out of it here. That is why I am positive and with the comments especially Kevin came by today, I'm actually not so worried about that run here. Right now I'm pretty glad that we are here and trying to get more out of it, says Haas team head.
- the speed in racetrim as acceptable out. Good is a big word, but I do not think that it was bad. And Kevin had to save the brakes very early, because we early could see that they were for heating. It helps neither the performance or lap times.
- Kevin was happier for the car, than Jim was. We must build on it and get connected during. It seems that we can compete with those around us. See how Alfa Romeo ended; it would have been a good location for us, " says Günther Steiner, with reference to Antonio Giovinazzi.
the Article continues under the picture ...
Kevin Magnussen was happier with how the VF-20'eren behaved in the run than teamkammeraten Romain Grosjean. It gives hope of the team head Günther Steiner, the team goes for a difficult season in the meeting. Photo: Andy Hone/Haas F1 Team
the Italian could not catch Haas’ dane in the first part of the course and ended anyway nier.
the Challenge for Haas from the start of the season is to find the right balance between top speed and the amount of downforce, running with. In Austria was the brakes, because they were too hot.
- Brakes are always a challenge here, but we expected not that it was so big. I think we were too aggressive with not to cool them.
- They have a dynamic influence on the car, so they try to cool them as little as possible. You try to calculate how much you need, and of course try to go to the border, but you try not to go over it.
- Normally, it should not be a problem, but the more it cools, the more aerodynamic performance loss. We did not take unnecessary risks, we thought it would be so bad, says Steiner.
See also: 'Say sorry!'
See also: Completely crazy F1-premiere: Austrian heat stroke
Keep the weather forecast plug, it will not be the same problem the next weekend, for here loves rain instead of warm austrian summer.
the Team must work with what they have. There are no planned upgrades of the car, and they're not going to speak, before it is clear how many years the calendar consists of, and what the sport's income will be in 2020.
- I still do not know the budget for this year, and before I do that, I am taking no decisions. I still believe that it is most potential to work with what we have instead of focusing on the updates without having to understand the starting point. So this is what we continue, before I know in what direction this season goes, " says Haas-team head.
Charles Leclerc's second place was luck and not an expression of Italian strength. In Austria they were on level with McLaren and Racing Points, which is a big step backward. Team boss Mattia Binotto admitted subsequently that they lacks a second: Seven-tenths of them from the lack of top speed and a weaker motor, which also hurts at kunderholdene Alfa Romeo and Haas. Motorudviklingen is more or less frozen now, so there will be no quantum leap in the front.
Lando Norris surprised in qualifying with his fourth place and scored a deserved career first podium. It will not be the last time this season that a McLaren driver standing there.
the Front looks like it is, unfortunately, a WORLD cup showdown between the only Valtteri Bottas and Lewis Hamilton. Max Verstappens Red Bull as the nearest persecutor is hardly strong enough to be able to challenge for the title.
Haas car is markedly better than last year, but not in the vicinity of to be able to top midterfeltet. A realistic goal for the team is to beat Williams as well as the Alfa Romeo and the end of the constructor-the WORLD as eights. A great result would be to beat Alpha Tauri and become sevens. Such is the country ...
Sports and Games Watts judge: Ran out of talent
Sports and Games Understand F1's kørermarked: How is Kevin