the Ruling party, the Left had run the big guns in position, when the Tuesday morning had summoned the press to a large press conference in the Liberal party gruppeværelse at Christiansborg.
Here stood the immigration and integration minister Inger Støjberg lined up side by side with the employment Troels Lund Poulsen minister for development cooperation Ulla Tørnæs ready to shoot udlændingekrigen in time.
But the press conference was not about the Liberal party's immigration policy.
instead used the three ministers of the time on furious, to attack the Social democrats and hegle Mette Frederiksen down.
This press conference is in the top five of bizarre press conferences, says Extra the Magazine's political commentator Henrik Qvortrup, after having been present during the press conference.
- It is very rare to see three ministers, convene the press for so at all not to tell anything about what you want, but instead using the press conference to tell of all the horrible things that your opponent will.
Støjberg said, to Denmark in 2014 under the red government was number five of the countries in the european UNION, which received the most asylum-seekers were measured on a per capita basis.
In 2018, Denmark was the 17.-most asylsøgte country.
- we Had not turned the exchange rate and tightened up, so we had to do the 53.300 more asylum seekers than we have, in the subsequent four years.
- It is more people than live in the entire Fredericia, thundered Støjberg.
at the same time with the press released Left several tweets about the consequences of a red immigration policy seen from the Liberal perspective. the
Red immigration policy leads to welfare loss. The more asylum seekers who come to, the less money there is for our common welfare as educators, police officers and nurses #dkpol pic.twitter.com/L8ulkY9gBk— Left (@venstredk) 9. april 2019
According to Qvortrup, there was one goal with the press conference: to get the upcoming November election to act on immigration policy.
- What we saw here was a press conference, which would give voters a fear that the welfare state will come to suffer under a lenient immigration policy led to Mette Frederiksen, says Qvortrup and adds:
- it is Particularly special, because the premise for this press conference goes against everything, Mette Frederiksen, the former has been out to say. Mette Frederiksen, has repeatedly stated that she does not intend to relax udlændingepolitiken.
- It here had desperationens cut. I will not deny that such a thing here always have an audience, but it can have a boomerangeffekt, says the analysis.
Read more about the content of the press conference here.