Despite the escalation of the trade conflict with China, US President Donald Trump optimistic. At a dinner in the White house, he referred on Monday to the fact that the Minister of Finance Steven Mnuchin had recently come from trade talks in China.
"We will leave in about three or four weeks to know whether that was successful or not. But I have the feeling that it will be very successful," Trump said.
US President Trump, adding, previously, his plans for higher tariffs on almost all of the remaining imports from China. "I have not made that decision yet," he said on Monday in front of reporters. As a next step, should be able to at a hearing in June, experts of the projects.
The plans of Trump in front of to see higher tariffs on imports from China to the value of around 300 billion dollars. "This is a huge amount of money that would come in our country," said Trump, and confirm his assumption, according to which tariffs of the exporting countries are paid. In fact, studies show that the duties mainly in US meeting citizen: companies importing Chinese Goods, to pass on the additional costs, at least partially, to their customers.
Trump had, according to the US trade representative Robert Lighthizer in the last week arranged the procedure for the next tariff increase round. Now the Plan is the subject of a public hearing on may 17. June. Until then, for example, citizens, diplomats, and trade associations can submit their comments to the project.
The trade conflict between the United States and China had rocked previously. The recent customs of the United States increases in the value of 200 billion dollars of China responded with the announcement of further criminal charges. Beijing was thus a warning to the US President. He had asked China, of "retaliation" in sight. (chk/sda)
Created: 14.05.2019, 05:06 PM