Support for the Aarhus Festival anno 2020 crumbles now.
- We are in a situation where we can see that smittetallene is serious, and the authorities are worried over the development. In Aarhus are high school students not in school, and companies send employees home. Therefore, I believe that we will have to cancel the Aarhus Festival.
How to say His Skou, political rapporteur for the Left in Aarhus, which so far has wanted to implement the aarhus festival week.
Thus says mayor Jacob Bundsgaard (S) are now more alone with his stubborn insistence on the festival week.
- I think that Jacob Bundsgaard, as both mayor and chairman of the board of the Aarhus Festival week, to come out and cancel the event, so there will be created safety and security of citizens, and so all those who are involved in the festival week, know what they can count on, " says Hans Skou to Ekstra Bladet.
At Christiansborg palace in copenhagen is the Device list nor in the party mood.
'It would be quite irresponsible to organise a huge street party that invites to several superspredninger with the current infection spread,' it sounds in a written comment from sundhedsordfører Peder Hvelplund (EL).
'It will be a mockery of the vulnerable and disadvantaged citizens, it is so crucial to take care of!,' he writes.
The final decision on the festival week is with the board of directors for the event.
the Extra Leaf has on Thursday morning, has been in contact with three members of the city of Literature board of directors. They state that the final decision on festugens implementation will be taken at a board meeting Monday.
None of the three members of the board - Jette Gejl Kristensen (visual artist), Berit Eika (pro-rector, Aarhus University, denmark), Gitte Ørskou (director of Moderna Museet, Stockholm, sweden) - want to comment on their personal attitude to the festival week in the year 2020. They all refer to, that they are awaiting the meeting on Monday.
Gitte Ørskou is a member of the executive committee of the Aarhus Festival. She thus corresponds to Ekstra question:
- What do you think about, that the president of the board of directors so stubbornly holding firm in the implementation of the aarhus festival week?
- I would like to talk with my president. I am also in dialogue with him. We are not detached from each other, she says.
- It does not work like you think it is the world's best idea to implement the festival week, under the current circumstances?
- I have not said anything about this. My short answer is that it is a talk, I take with the board of directors, says Gitte Ørskou.
There comes commonly 500,000 people to the Aarhus Festival over ten days.
the festival week is scheduled to begin 28. august and ends 6. september.
A variety of events are already canceled. But the vast majority are still in the pipeline.
At the Palace said mr Søren Pape Poulsen, the conservative chairman, yesterday wonder over the life of the party implementation.
See also: Aarhus, partying: - Sounds strange