The two mangemillionærer behind the nationwide bakery chain started Lagkagehuset claim on their website that they have a common 'passion to spread better pastries to the danes'.
These bagermestre, Ole Kristoffersen and Steen Skallebæk, prides itself with their 'craft' and with that there 'will be spared, and we choose our ingredients with care'.
In the tv program Go' morgen Danmark on TV 2 Ole Kristoffersen taught how to bake cinnamon sticks real butter.
But at the same time that they are started to sell their bread and cake through the onlinesupermarkedet Nemlig.com is the recipes have been published on the web.
the Recipes is causing a stir in the gourmet-groups on Facebook, like they've got several to apply to Ekstra Maddetektiv.
the Watchdog So obnoxious is that of Meyers and Lagkagehuset
On the Nemlig.com can any namely read, that 'Ole and Steen', not using butter in either the cinnamon sticks or in pastry as direktørsnegle, kanelsnegle or tebirkes.
instead, They use the cheaper margarine.
Also kanelgifler, nøddemazarin and chokoladeboller is baked on the vegetable margarine.
Search to the declaration on the Lagkagehusets chocolate cake for 79 dollars, it turns out, that the measured e-numbers can compete with the supermarket's long-lasting industrial cake.
Lagkagehusets chocolate cake contains 450, E500,E481, E472e, E472b, E475 & E322, E415 addition to the aroma, wheat starch, modified starch and skimmed milk powder.
See for yourself in the long declaration on the Nemlig.com.
Charlotte Søllner Hernø, President of the Church of lincoln park and the Art Husmoderforening, is among the critics of the bakery-chain:
- Lagkagehusets extremely high prices, the sleek packaging and the beautiful facades seduces consumers into believing that their cake is markedly better than the cheap, long-lasting industrial products from the supermarket, but Lagkagehusets cakes are not always significantly better, so people are being cheated, she felt.
- I also thought once that Lagkagehuset was a proud gourmet håndværksbageri, but then I discovered that they get daily deliveries from their own factory, as it so turns out in a big way filling the inferior and cheap butter-substitute margarine and other inappropriate things in the products, she says.
In Facebookgruppen 'Chefs and Waiters' with over 10,000 members, there are a large majority, that the bakers should use butter instead of margarine.
A member of the group has set up a poll with the question:
’What is the most accurate/proper to use in a wienerbrødsdej and tebirkesdej – butter or margarine?’
This is equivalent 169 members, that you should use butter, while only four believe it should be used as margarine.Confrontation: We stand inside all
- Ole Kristoffersen (To the right in the image, red) is it not cheating when you use margarine in your pastry?
- No. We do not hide that we are using vegetable fat in the pastry. For example if you make a spandauer, which is already filled with custard, with butter - so it becomes so heavy that the people can not chew through it.
- Why stood you in TV 2's Go’morgen Danmark and told that there was butter in the cinnamon sticks?
- Well it is a yeast dough. It is something other than pastry, so it makes sense to get the butter in.
- But why is Lagkagehusets cinnamon stick for 69 dollars so baked on the margarine?
- the Margarine gives a different lightness to the product.
- But don't you think people would feel cheated on, that you in fact use margarine, when you stand on tv and say, who needs butter?
- No. It is, perhaps, ten years ago, I appeared on TV. Recipes change with time.
- for the sake of economy, to use margarine?
- Never. We choose ingredients of the regards to the taste. But it is clear that no one can buy a caviar-law at a restaurant for a fifties, if the commodity price is higher.
- does it Live up to your promises of uncompromising product, the pride, the craftsmanship, and the right ingredients, when in your chocolate cake is 450, E500, E481, E472e, E472b, E475 & E322, E415, flavouring, wheat starch, modified starch and milk powder?
- Yes. We are honest and write what is in. We can vouch for it. There are e-numbers in everything we eat.
- Is chokoladekagen a håndværksprodukt or an industrial product?
- It is a håndværksprodukt. The e-numbers are in the raw materials we buy homes. You can't make food without e-numbers. Yes. We are honest and write what is in.
- No, it is not on your own website. You should find it on the website associated Nemlig.com.
- the Information is available.