All the residents in the property & 69 in Aarhus on Wednesday afternoon been evacuated, as there is a risk that the building collapses.
It is a renovation of the old library on the other side of the War 69, who is to blame, the beboelsesejendommen beats cracks.
the 112 - 30. jan. 2019 - at. 15:48 Residents evacuated: the Building in danger of collapse
According to the Tinglysningen there are two erhvervsmål and eight apartments in the complex.
One of the residents in Vestergade 69 is 21-year-old Anders Christian Leegaard. He had been announced by email that he and the other residents in the building had to be evacuated, as the property ago on Thursday is started to turn the cracks in the walls.
- We had been told it would happen. But I had not thought that it would go so fast to evacuate us, says Anders Christian Leegaard.
The rapid evacuation have been consequences for the young students, who daily reads on a course at the Aarhus Business College.
- I saw some police cars down on the street, so I took my jacket on and went down to the ushers. The problem is, that when I was first out of the building, so had I not come in again. Had I known that I might not get in again, so I had taken my schoolbag on the way, says Anders Christian Leegaard.
Anders Christian Leegaard miss a little his school bag and computer. If everything goes according to plan, so he had to be reunited with some of his belongings on Thursday.
- They say that we must get in and retrieve some of our things in the morning. It is a little hard to do without the computer, because I had to use it in school in the morning.
According to the evacuated resident, so cracks are not as bad in his apartment on the second floor.
- It should be really bad up on the fourth floor, they should be able to poke fingers into the cracks. I have also heard that they can't close their doors, he explains.
the Rest of Wednesday and overnight to Thursday, all residents of the New 69 has been staying at the nearby hotel, the Scandic.
- We need to sleep there in the night, and sometime tomorrow we will get to know what happens next with us. But we come not to move back into our apartments tentative, explains the young student.