Omer Hassan Sheik Muse, which, in Somaliland is convicted for the killing of 21-year-old Jonas Thomsen Sekyere, has today been visited by representatives of a human rights organization, as well as the opportunity to speak with his local defense attorney.
It tells the 33-year-old Muse in an audio message sent to the Extra Leaf from the prison in Hargeisa.
the Prison was to show that I did not sit in chains more, says Omer Muse in the message, which is sent through the app WhatsApp.
the Announcement comes after an Extra Magazine on Wednesday carried an article in which it appeared that Muse was chained on the hands and feet. He told, moreover, that he sat in a cell with ten beds along with 14-15 other inmates.
- however, I have not had the opportunity to speak with the Danish embassy in Nairobi, Kenya, ed.), says Omer Muse with reference to, that he for a longer period of time have wanted the visit of the Danish representatives in order to draw attention to his situation.
the Article continues under the picture ...
During today's visit showed prison, according to the Muse, that he is no longer chained. Photo: Private
the Killing of Jonas Sekyere took place in 2012 in the meatpacking district in Vesterbro in Copenhagen.
in addition to 20 years in prison, was Muse in 2016 at a somalilandsk court sentenced to pay 33 1/3 camels to the victim's family.
the Verdict was, without the Muses then Danish defender, Michael Juul Eriksen, was informed.
the Article continues under the picture ...
Jonas Thomsen Sekyere was knivdræbt during a tour of the meatpacking district in Vesterbro in Copenhagen. Photo: Private
Since the verdict has the now 33-year-old imprisoned in the city of Hargeisa in Somaliland. Under the circumstances, which he describes as torture.
Omer Muses judgment in 2017 downgraded to ten years in prison by the somalilandske the supreme court, but the convicted person believes that he should be sent to Denmark to have his case tried before a Danish court, since he is a Danish citizen.
in addition to that he wants to come home, want Omer Muse to draw attention to the conditions he is serving under. In his view, with the Danish acceptance.
- The Danish embassy, which is close to here, in Nairobi (in Kenya, ed.), they know what is going on, but they failed to look seriously at what is going on in the prison or what Danish money (oda, ed.) is being used for, said Omer Muse to Ekstra Bladet on Wednesday and reported that he and 14-15 medindsatte around the clock staying in a cell with ten beds.
- I have been moved from room to room. I sit and lie on the floor, said Omer Muse.
in addition to being placed in cramped conditions with poor hygiene and no medical assistance is Omer Muse by his own admission, chained on hands and feet. Something in his optics 'hear slaveritiden to'.
at the same time, he experiences in his own words to be judged more harshly than the other prisoners, because he is a Danish citizen.
There was a time when I wrote below that I would like back (to Denmark, red.), said Omer, and explains that he thereafter had conveyed the threats.
the Muse has pointed out, that he only wants to speak about his conditions in prison. When it's about his case and the law, incidentally, he refers to his Danish lawyer, Poul Hauch Fenger:
- Any Danish citizen has according to the Danish code of civil procedure and The European Convention on human rights the right to a lawyer. Right now he has no defense, " says Poul Hauch Fenger.
the Lawyer is satisfied that the Muse now has had visits.
- No Danish nationals shall be subjected to the torturous conditions, regardless of what they are charged with, that is why I am happy with on my client's behalf, to local NGOS, is responsible to his interests, " says Poul Hauch Fenger.
Should the Mouse be extradited for prosecution in Denmark, he will, according to Poul Hauch Fenger refuse guilty. Despite the fact that he is under arrest in 2014, confessed to the killing.
Omar Muse has later rejected afhøringsrapporten and explains, instead, that the killing happened in self-defense.
so far, there is no prospect that the Muse can be made for a Danish judge. The local authorities have refused to extradite him, and there are no agreements with Somaliland to extradite nationals to serve sentences in Denmark.
It means, according to the Prosecution here, that there is nothing to put up:
- We can't take him out of jail and put him on a plane, it is only the somalilandske authorities, who should make the decision, senior prosecutor, Søren Harbo assessed against B. T.