The 8.12 2019 kl.15:40 I go into a store in Aarhus to buy a new winter jacket.
- I tell the clerk that I have some claim to the jacket I should use, since it will be used in my work as a journalist, where I often often are out in all kinds of weather.
- I say to the clerk, that it must be ’let down’ like the XXXXX-jacket I have on, since I have had the great joy of the all-weather.
- Regardless of whether it has rained, snowed or was windy weather, so I have been able to keep the heat in it, in a pleasant way.
- the Clerk proposes a YYYYY-down jacket, and since I don't know the brand - I ask the clerk if it is the same dun that is in it, as the XXXX of the jacket I have on.
the Clerk looking at the label on the YYYYY-jacket, and is equivalent to the is just as good as XXXX.the jacket.
so begins Susanne M a letter to the nation! on her expectation about the good and sober kundevejledning – and what she has experienced in connection with the purchase of a jacket for 1899 dkk in tøjkæden Aaskov Modetøjs department in Aarhus.
the Store, know well the case – they have in fact offered Susanne a extra down vest free – but Susanne will have withdrawn from the purchase, and is now considering to pay 400 kr – on top of the £ 100 she already paid to the Center for Klageløsning – so The consumer complaints board may deal with the matter.
Susannes letter – as the shop comment below – continues namely as follows:
I say: It sounds good, then I can as well consecrate it with the same, but when I stand at the bus stop on the way home, I notice that it does not feel as warm as my 'old' XXXX-jacket, but am thinking that I may just give the chance to.
- A few days after I take it on again, when I'm out in a few hours.
And once again I must state that it is not as warm as the old one, which actually is warmer to wear than the new, which amazes me.
- When I come home, I look at the label of the new jacket, and can see that it is not the same dumkvalitet in the two jackets.
- YYYYY-the jacket has 70% down and 30 % feathers. XXXX-the jacket is 90% down and 10% feathers.
- The two jackets is thus similar to each other in quality.
- I was then inside the store the 15. december 2019, and advertise the deal, and the clerk, who had sold the jacket, said that we probably should find a solution, but that she had to talk with his boss.
the Day after midnight. 12.37 I was contacted by the owner, who tells that she can't do anything about, since I've had the jacket on, so that it no longer is new. And her mom has the same jacket, and good can stand the heat.
She insists the decision to reject the complaint – it is assertion against assertion, and the shop believes that the instructions have been correct.
- As a compensation they will give me a down vest from XXXX free which I can use under the jacket, but a vest does not address the problem of heating in your arms when I'm on outdoor work.
- I now have 4 weeks to file a complaint to The consumer complaints board, which can take a legal decision in the case.
– I must have money out of your pocket. Center for Klageløsning should have £ 100, and The consumer complaints board 400 kr.
- I hope you will focus on this issue, as the business lives on, that not all consumers have the energy to object/complain about the trade has been made, writes Susanne M and the store say they are appalled by the fact that Ekstra Bladet(the nation!) find an opportunity to use the time and resources the letter from Susanne M:
- I must say that through my 20 years in Aaskov Fashion, of course, from time to time has been a complaint every now and then.
But a 'complaint' as the approximate match what Susanne Ms claim, however, I am not in the vicinity of to have experienced.
- How in the world you should be able to assess whether a jacket, which in many ways are similar to each other is hotter than the other ?
- Expect the customer to the clerk test every single jacket in a cold store or similar and subsequently, to provide a secure in many ways subjective assessment?
- Or we need within our jackets are offered for sale in our shops, send all of the jackets to the test at DTU in order to find out which jacket, in conjunction with a given body temperature provides the best heating for the individual customer ?
- I can with good conscience say that we at Aaskov's Fashion has, and always had the utmost respect for our customers, and in all ways provide the best service to these.
- In Susanne Ms cases underlined by the fact that we even without a substantial reason, offered her a down vest, as she could have, the joy, when she felt that her body felt cooler than when she was wearing her old jacket.
- I wish you continued good luck with the coverage of this exceptional exhilarating matter, write the shop, but what are you thinking?