A ten-meter-high statue of a moose, located clearly visible at the road in Stor-Elvdal, creating conflict with Canada.
According to the TV station CTV News creates the forbitrelse that the statue is 30 centimetres higher than that of the canadians pride Mac the Moose - and thus is the world's largest elgstatue.
- What is at stake is Canada's national pride. We can not lose it because of a moose, "says mayor Fraser Tolmie in Mac the Moose' hometown, which appropriately enough bears the name of Moose Jaw.
In English, it means "moose-jaw".Can get bigger antlers
- the Mac is like family for me, and for everyone in Moose Jaw. So this is personal for us, " says mayor Fraser Tolmie to CTV News.
Now the mayor asked residents in Moose Jaw, which is the fourth largest city in the western province of Saskatchewan, about the proposal to give Mac the Moose back position as the world's largest.
- We have received many suggestions. People have talked about to put on the a hat, or a hockeykølle. Others have suggested to put ice skates on it. The most popular suggestion is to give him the bigger the antlers, tell the mayor to CTV News.
Storelgen in Stor-Elvdal were set up in 2015, and Mac the Moose will be 31 years old. That Tolmie has done anything with the case until now, due to the fact that he only recently got to hear about the Norwegian statue.
The fadesen will Moose Jaws residents now obviously get corrected: IN the TV element tells the mayor that there is created a innsamlingsside, and that there are ongoing conversations with the engineers about what should be done.Stor-Elvdal: corrective action to be considered
the Feature on CTV News is well known for Terje Hoffstad, the mayor in Large-Elvdal municipality. He has no plans to relinquish the title as the world's largest.
We have seen the video and we will follow up. We are considering the measures, says Hoffstad to the Newspaper.
That elgstatuen is the greatest in the world, he is not in doubt, their 10 metres and 30 centimetres.
Hoffstad has made contact with the artist who made the statue, Linda Hill, about possible countermeasures.the WORLD's LARGEST: Storelgen in Stor-Elvdal. Photo: Stor-Elvdal kommune Show more
She will check out what it will cost to create a that is 20 metres high, " says the mayor, but admits that it currently is the most in the joke stage.
Among the measures being considered to keep the position as the world's largest is to splice in with the longer legs.
- It is a very american video, and we must respond with the same coin, " says the mayor.
He tells me about the fighting spirit of the formannskapsmøtet yesterday, when he showed off the video from Canada.
We are happy for the challenge, " says Hoffstad - who do not intend to give up with it first.the WORLD's SECOND LARGEST: Mac the Moose in Moose Jaw in Canada. Show more Win color-match
That there be publicity about the Large-Elvdal, is an effect of it all that Hoffstad certainly not saying no thank you to.
- Before the moose was set up knew no where Stor-Elvdal was, " says the mayor.
The only thing that makes him a little exasperated, is that in the canadian video appears to Oslo.
we have been a part of the greater Oslo now, ask the mayor, ironically. He chooses, nevertheless, to rise above it.
- no Matter our moose shine finest in the future also, " says mayor Bob Hoffstad.
he's probably right: While Large-Elvdals moose is shiny silver, is Mac the Moose matte brown color.