- We live in 2019. It cannot be right that we should have such a wreck to lie and float in the middle of a beach.
How to say ' on the island of Fanø Peter Brinch Michélsen on the cutter RI524 James Robert, who has been at the beach on the island of Fanø ago 13. January.
He is very tired of, that it has not yet been removed, although he repeatedly attempted to put the slide in the case, among other things, by means of its Facebook group Clean Beach of Fanø.
While the cutter has been in the water at the Fanøs coast, according to Peter Brinch Michelsen leaked oil and diesel in the North sea. The remains of an engine is still aboard the cutter, and it can contain motor oil, hydraulic oil and diesel fuel, he says.
- I've even been out and see that there is oil on board, and we should not be lying here right up and down the Wadden sea.
- It is just up the UNESCO world heritage sites and the Wadden sea national Park. I really can't see it reasonable that it should lie in the middle of such a scenic area, he says.
The Marine accident investigation board says to Ekstra Bladet, that they have analyzed the wreckage in connection with the kæntringen and the fire, and that the case then was transferred to the Danish maritime authority and the insurer, who must find out what must be done with the cutter.
the Extra Leaf has contacted the Danish maritime authority, but it has not yet been possible to get an answer on when the cutter is expected to be removed.
- That it has been there for 17 days now, I think, is appalling, says Peter Brinch Michélsen.
the Cutter has now been on the coast throughout the 17 days, and it arouses great interest among tourists, which takes off on the beach to see the famous cutter, which has gotten much media coverage.
the Article continues under the picture ...
Peter Brinch Michélsen hope that the cutter will be removed quickly, when the approval comes. Private.
- Now, it has been worked so much that it almost is in a huge hole out there. There has been so much talk about it, so people come from far and want to see it, and around it there is a belt on one and a half to two metres in width, where the water is significantly deeper than it is.
you Going walking there, then slips you down in the water, which in nature is ice-cold now. So it is just an accident waiting to happen, says Peter Brinch Michélsen.
in Addition to the cutter as close to the beach, that anyone could possibly find to go on board the cutter. But it should according to Peter Brinch Michélsen help.
- will you Come aboard of the, it is full of sharp and torn metal parts. There has been a fire in it, so there is much that is melted, and there is not really anything that has any strength left, so it is really dangerous to walk on, he says.