Mathias Wagner and Oliver Hofstra was 16 years and went in 1.g on my studies in Odense, when they randomly met each other at a new year's party.
It was not long before the two teens began to talk about that they would like to start something up together.
Consumption - 22. christmas. 2017 - at. 10:29, Christian, was tired of the delayed Airbnb-guests: So he got a brilliant idea
A weekend, where the two boys from the island of Fyn was to redecorate the one room, they found an old cable reel.
We walked a little and was looking for something to do, and thought that it really could be a great piece of furniture. So we went in to do it, says the 20-year-old Mathias to Ekstra Bladet.
cable reel-table was oiled, painted and finished, and then they thought, Mathias Wagner and Oliver Hofstra not much more about it. Right up until more of their friends and family members with great enthusiasm got the eye on it, and would have the boys to make some more tables.
It all started with a kabeltromlebord, the two funen gymnasiedrenge was doing to herself. Photo: Hofstra & Wagner
- So, in order to check whether there was also interest from people we did not know, we tried to put a single board for sale on DBA. That went just a few hours before it was sold, says Mathias Wagner to the DBA Guide.
So the two carl nielsen 1.g'ere tried to put the two tables more for sale. Again, they were quickly sold. It was here that it went up for the two friends from sao paulo that they had found what they would like to work with.
In the day, Mathias Wagner and Oliver Hofstra full-time in their own furniture company 'Hofstra & Wagner'. The repertoire has been expanded, so there are about 100 different products on their website.
in Addition to Denmark, the company has also sold furniture to Germany, Norway, Sweden and Spain, and now they work to open a webshop in Sweden. In Denmark they have an office and a warehouse, and has also just been hired for a trainee.
- We have gradually become a Danish designbrand, which primarily focus on the cable drums. But we also do other things that are exclusive and unique, says the 20-year-old entrepreneur to the DBA Guide.
He says that the two boys in the start reinvested everything they earned on the tromleborde and furniture, but gradually, they have begun to gain an income, which makes that they can live by the ’Hofstra and Wagner’.
- Right now it is full time. So it is something we live by. So, do not mean that we are, and driving around in expensive cars and everything, but it can run around and there may also be paid a salary, says Mathias Wagner to Ekstra Bladet.
Although the two men from funen, in the course of gymnasieårene most so møbelsalget as a hobby, they spent yet more hours on it pretty much every day.
- When, for example, we got free from school at four o'clock, so we should go there some hours, and then we could just reach home and get something to eat, and then started again, says Mathias Wagner.
Mathias and Oliver has gradually expanded the webshop with a lot of other goods than kabeltromlebordene, as it all started with. Among other things, a wall clock like this. Photo: Hofstra & Wagner
He remembers the three years of my studies as a hard time, where they constantly struggled to keep absenteeism down.
- So it was a pressure, but also a fun time. We saw it not really as a work, so if we spent the whole weekend on it and missed out on something socially, so we just had to take it with.
While the majority of Mathias Wagner and Oliver Hofstra friends and teachers were very understanding for how much time, the two ambitious teenage boys at the time spent on the møbelvirksomheden, there were also some who did not understand that they have not spent more time on partying.
- It was when some of the pieces, as it seemed as a strange thing to use his performances. Some thought shown, that when we were finished with high school, we were probably finished with the idea, we had to create our own company, laughs Mathias Wagner in the interview with Ekstra Bladet.
Mathias Wagner and Oliver Hofstras two best advice advice for young entrepreneurs
- The best time to start as an entrepreneur, while you are training. For that you are assured of the SU. Now, where I'm not a student anymore, I'm not guaranteed anything. So if it goes bad, can't I just get a little check with the SU. At the same time, it is a time in life where you don't have as much to bet. It is not because we are going from house and home, now, if it should not go. And the learning you get is also insanely important in relation to your cv.
And, as all other entrepreneurs also say, so is it just to jump into it. And don't think of having to reinvent the wheel, for the most part is already invented. It's all about finding a place where you believe that you can do it better. Well, there are the hundreds of others in Denmark, that sells furniture, but why is it then, that people choose to buy from us? It is perhaps because we just goes an extra mile with our customer service, or it can be other such factors.