BRØNDBY (Ekstra Bladet): Johan Larsson has not yet entirely disappeared from Denmark.
The blonde swede hanging on a big banner behind the one endetribune at the Brøndby Stadium, which he otherwise said goodbye to in the middle of december, after four great years at the club.
Now, Jens Martin Gammelby so try to get the many faithful fans to forget the captain Larsson and show why Brøndby in the summer paid around six million. kr. to Silkeborg.
- One could say, that it ought to be me now, laughing, Jens Martin Gammelby, en Ekstra Bladet mention the big banner with Johan Larsson for him.
however, He is well aware that it takes time to achieve the same status in denmark as his Swedish predecessor at right-back, but it is nevertheless the ambition.
No are longer in the way for him. The stumbling block Larsson is gone, now it Gammelbys trip.
- It looks as if it is a little more manageable to get to. So now I must prove that I'm ready, and that it is me who must play, says the 23-year-old high back for Extra Magazine.
the Expectations of both Brøndby and Gammelby was great, when he in the summer, we checked into Area.
In the middle of jutland, he had been a great profile and was a year ago with ligalandsholdet in Abu Dhabi.
But the fall was not as hoped - either for the club or the long back.
Jens Martin Gammelby was plagued by injuries in the autumn, but is now fit for fight again, and ready to seize the opportunity. Photo: Linda Johansen
First got Gammelby problems with the groin and was out in a month and a half. When he turned back, sprained he ankle and got a month and a half more on the skadeslisten.
Just a 91-minute Superliga-football reached Jens Martin Gammelby in a fall, who to put it on jysk was well hard.
- It started otherwise good. I knew well that the prospect of playing time was a little long, but I got some minutes and moved me very much on the training field - and then came the damage.
- It was terrible to sit on the stage and just look at. I could sense that people were talking, and some doubted perhaps at me, and I just sat there and was injured and could not contribute. It was mega annoying, " says Jens Martin Gammelby.
It is a hell to be damaged, he notes, but when you look at him, you can see that he is back from hell.
Jens Martin Gammelby smiles often, speaks loud and engaged and works as a plus on the account.
- I'm fit for fight. I spent time in the holidays to work out the ankle up again and feel nothing for it, so it's absolutely perfect.
- Now it's away with the 180 in an hour, and we start fortunately soon. I am so much looking forward to getting time to play again.
Two Superliga matches, reached the Jens Martin Gammelby in the fall. Here he is in action in the away game against Vendsyssel. Photo: René Schütze
In Silkeborg, denmark, he was one of the country's best at his position, and it is the level - and then some - he now aims to hit in Brøndby.
Perhaps it does not happen in the spring. For as he repeatedly says, he must check in kamprytmen again and teach teammates to know.
Enough, he has been a half years at Brøndby, but it is anyway, as if it only really starts now.
- It starts for me now, and I believe in myself and am convinced that I should probably contribute. I must get back to my Silkeborg-level and also like to lift me to an even higher.
- I switched to Brøndby, with a view to becoming a european footballer. I think that Brondby can get in european football, and I would like to be with. It was also why I took the shift, " says Jens Martin Gammelby within a spring, where he will promise the legacy of Larsson.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------Will make ’a Forest’: - If he can do it, why shouldn't I be able to?
Jens Martin Gammelby and Robert Forest constituted in the past a strong højrekant in Silkeborg, denmark. Photo: Tariq Mikkel Khan
They are still friends, even though they play in the clubs, there are enemies.
Jens Martin Gammelby and Robert Woods go back a long way. They played ungdomsfodbold on the same team in Silkeborg and had a successful time together at the club's first team.
It was a toxic højrekant, central jutland disposal, and the Forest huge breakthrough in FCK in the autumn can serve as the inspiration for his former teammate.
- If he can do it, why shouldn't I be able to? sound reasoning from Gammelby, who is not surprised that the Forest has been a hit in the FC Copenhagen.
- No, he is the type who works hard for it, and so he really is happy to shoot on goal. But 18 goals, it's crazy, " says Jens Martin Gammelby, who still occasionally chatting with his classmate from Silkeborg and hope for arsenal to be able to get a similar breakthrough.
Okay, 18 targets need Gammelby not exactly that score, even if he with a laugh, noting that it would send him directly to Real Madrid.
- It just needs more to play back here. In Silkeborg, I could stand back a little and breathe out after a long sprint. It does not go in the oval. Who do I need to be on all the time.
- It is something else, but the challenge I like, say Gammelby, who scored six goals in the premier League for Silkeborg last season and should help with the dimension of the game in Brøndby.
- Many backs almost always to the end line and hits the post. You know what they are doing, but I have the advantage, that it is not unnatural for me to pull into the lane and finish with my left leg.
- It is nice also to have the opportunity, " says Brøndby-charlie, if the left leg actually accounted for five of the six League-scores in the last season.
Sports and Games Hot transfervinter waiting for: How to shop Brøndby