caroline's situation is really worrisome, and the coming months will be a watershed for her, says Michael Mortensen address to the illness, which now has kept her away from the tennis court in more than a month.
As her former coach and family friend Wozniacki, he has followed the development closely, and he does not hide that he is skeptical in relation to her career.
- There are some unknowns, but in march we will get some answers in the big tournaments in Indian Wells and Miami, think Mortensen, who as a commentator on Eurosport commented on her matches at the Australian Open.
- She has played two matches in Auckland and three in Australia, and in the latest against Maria Sharapova, she was not true to present – either physically or mentally. One could look at her, she knew that she was not up to 100 percent.
Whether she gets it again, is a question for Caroline Wozniacki is sporting and physical up against some parameters, which mutually contradict each other, he points out.
- She has had a little trouble with his knee for many years, and now she has so got the rheumatic disease, which is a huge problem for her. Just to know, is that she has it, hitting the mentally. She can't avoid to go and speculate about it.
- It will also hamper her training, for she can no longer give his body the same amount of training. On the way she has become more frail and do not have the same stamina as in the past.
- She is a player who lives much of her physique, and she must really be in order to be able to neutralize his opponent's heavy punches
- She is going to have to be selective with his tournaments. But it is also a problem, for she is best when she is in a flow with many tournaments and matches. She needs, if she needs to keep himself sharp, both physically as well as mentally.
- She is so ærekær and so much a perfectionist that she doesn't want to play at 60 percent, says Michael Mortensen on Caroline. Photo: Jacob Jørgensen
- When you are away from tennis for a period, dare you not beat the same battle, when you get in the battle again. It all becomes more strained, says Michael Mortensen, who does not believe that Caroline Wozniacki for competitive reasons need to conceal his illness.
- The other coaches and players know her situation. They know very well where she is physically. You can bluff in a short period of time, but now she can just as well lay the cards on the table.
With his in depth knowledge of the innate very competitive person he feels no doubt that she will stop his career, if she can not find back to his absolute top form.
- She is so ærekær and so much a perfectionist that she doesn't want to play at 60 percent, he says.
- With the results that she has behind her, she will be with us there, where it's fun to be. It's about being able to win the big tournaments. It is it, which challenges and stimulates her.
So many points to Caroline Wozniacki defend in 2019
INDIAN WELLS, 4. round, 120 points
MIAMI, 2R, 10 points
ISTANBUL, quarter-final, 60 points
MADRID, 3R, 120 points
ROME, 4R, 190 points
the FRENCH OPEN, 4R, 240 points
EASTBOURNE, wins, 470 points
WIMBLEDON, 2R, 70 points
MONTREAL, 2R, 1 points
CINCINNATI, 2R, 1 points
the US OPEN, 2R, 70 points
TOKYO, 2R, 1 points
WUHAN, the 3R, 105 points
BEIJING, wins 1,000 points
SÆSONFINALE, marseille, 500 points
Note: A Top 10-player, which is oversidder in the first round, gaining only 1 point defeat in the second round.