2. division is back, and as a special offer, you can now see the end game free. Follow your heart, follow your club and get access here
Are you already a PLUS customer, you'll see fighting here
It caused a stir over the country on Monday as the Radio4 interview with coach Kasper Hjulmand, and this pronounced critical on the advertising of gaming and betting.
Because Hjulmands employer is Dansk Boldspil-Union, and because the Danish Games are among DBU's main sponsors.
Behind the interview was the journalist Claus Elgaard, who for many years was a familiar face on TV2's programming interfaces. He is a former compulsive gambler, has been through a longer course of treatment and has even written a book about his terrible years as a compulsive gambler.
He stresses to Ekstra Bladet, that it certainly was not the intention with the interview, that it had to be about spilreklamer. But that it is natural to ask the national coach about his attitude to the according to the above fact.
Claus Elgaard put however, did not hide the fact that he has a problematic relationship to spilreklamer, because he has followed the development of pathological gambling in Denmark through many years.
- It means still a lot for me. I have held many lectures about it, and I have seen how it has escalated over the years. More and more are becoming dependent. It has the Center for gambling Addiction the also confirmed. The problem gets larger and larger, and therefore, it is of concern to me, he says.
for obvious reasons, was his own abuse is not a result of advertising power. For, as he adds with a laugh, ’there was no advertising on it at the time’.
And Claus Elgaard, adding that he does not condemn the games.
- I don't. I have been asked whether you then have to close the casinos. No, for the hell of da. It is great to take nice clothes on, go there and get a drink. But as with red wine. A single glass is good. Just it is not three bottles, he says.
However, as Kasper Hjulmand nourishes Claus Elgaard a scepticism for the advertisements. Those who encourage all, both the responsible, children, young and irresponsible to play.
the Advertising and the lack of willingness to do something about them.
- In the old days, in the beginning, you could win a red Cadillac or a big yacht, when you played. It was the dream of the many money. And just the dream of the many money we have all together still. But today, it is (as a result of advertising, ed.) gone and become a social focal point. Now it is fun, just as much as it is to win, he says.
the Advertising market has also changed in character. Take the there game.now advertising, where there sits a person with a one-armed bandit behind and tells that so do I call my friend, and so we play, and so is the fat.
- And those with the Uffe Holm, where he was on ski holiday with my boyfriend sits and plays on his phone while sitting in the lift. For the same reason, he will suddenly not stand on the skis and says that the weather is too bad. He is lying blatantly.
- What will you say with it? All addicts lie. It did I even. They tell us that it is completely natural to lie. The advertising makes deviant behavior becomes normal behavior. It is for artful and cynical. For counting, he says.
He emphasizes that he certainly does not condemn the games. To this day he may even go down in the kiosk and play at the Odds.
- I can also understand cybercafe or sweepstakes - to to play 50 or even 400 dollars on the first goalscorer in a match. It must just not have consequences for the existence, he says.
He asks to again be seen on the spilreklamer in Denmark.
- There are restrictions on cigarettes and alcohol. I have a hard time to see why it is not also applicable for games. As on cigarette packets, there should be a disclaimer, drawing attention to it, he says.
One thing is the terrible consequences it may have for the addicted and their relatives. For Claus Elgaard, it cost a couple of many years ago. Something else is the economy.
- There are no surveys on it, as is the case with alcoholics. But gambling addiction costs society a lot of money each year. It has so many consequences. Divorces, embezzlement, everything is possible.
- We have a government that on the one hand, would like to see restrictions in the area. On the other hand, the owner of the Danish Game. I just don't understand the mechanisms, he says.
DBU Cup - 2. christmas. 2020 - pm. 08:49 Fodboldboss with a large corona-the undoing
See also: Innocent Braithwaite pays high price
Much more Superliga Past day Thunders against the technique: forbid it! Past day Sobering message: In the never FCK to size Past day AGF's neglected succesformel Past day Jewels you miss Past day Visionary or hot air balloon Past day Troels Bech: - Who the hell can live with it?