the Rights to broadcast the cross-country and alpine skiing, go to the Element Group from the season 2021/2022 will broadcast the races in channels like Viasat, TV3, TV6, TV8 and TV10.
Vinterstudions programledarprofil André Pops first thought was ”very sad”.
– There is a lot that feels a little uncertain how it will be in the longer term. My first focus is that we are at least two winters to will have it just like it looks now where we have all the rights. What happens if 3-4 years ahead is difficult to say, but it will not look like today. It still feels uncertain as to what it will land in, " he says to Aftonbladet.
The new agreement extends over five years and secures the rights of all Element Groups platforms, writes the company in a press release.
" this agreement is an important milestone for us. It is just as important as the acquisition of the rights to the ice hockey world CHAMPIONSHIP in 1989 and the olympic rights in 2011, " says Anders Jensen, ceo and president of Permanent Group.
• the World championships in cross-country skiing, alpine skiing, ski jumping, nordic combined, snowboarding, freestyle and freeskiing (2023 and 2025)
• the Alpine ski world cup – ladies and gentlemen
• the world Cup in cross – country skiing- ladies and gentlemen
• world Cup in ski jumping – ladies and gentlemen
• the world Cup in nordic combined – men
• the world Cup snowboard – ladies and gentlemen
• the world Cup in freestyle and freeskiing – ladies and gentlemen
all rights for the seasons in 2019/2020 and 2020/2021. But then to have SVT mainly ski & biathlon left from the season of 2021/2022. SVT continues to have rights to all races (alpine/w) in Switzerland and Austria.
In a press release, write the channel to the hope also is to show the competitions in Norway.
the SVT would like to emphasise that, although the SM-week, Vasaloppet, längdskidåkningens säsongsöppning in Bruksvallarna and ”a bit of other things in winter sports” will remain in place for the channel's viewers.
winter sports are central to the SVT and our audience and therefore we endeavoured more than we have ever done in this area. But since our bids were Sweden, we could not compete against a group that wanted to buy the entire Nordic region. Thus the rights are also gone NRK and YLE past in this location, " says SVT's director Åsa Edlund Jönsson in the press release.
Jan Helin: ”Vinterstudion has pushed the value up in space”
the ski association of new partner: ”Can take the sport into the future.”
Here are the companies that bought the big sporträttigheterna