What is about to happen in women's football in Europe?
in the past month alone klubbfotbollen attracted large crowds – at double occasions.
• The 17 march was set a new attendance record for klubblagsfotboll – by far – in Spain. 60.739 spectators watched the match Atlético Madrid–Barcelona.
• A week later sat 39.027 people in the stands in Turin, when the top sides Juventus and Fiorentina met in Serie A. It was a new record in Italy.Reversal of the trend in Europe? 39.000 spectators watched the women's league match between Juventus and Fiorentina in the Italian Turin at the end of march. Photo: Daniella Matar/AP
though still with audience of a few hundred spectators. But:
" It is fantastic that it has become such a pressure. It is a result of the entire development on the damfotbollssidan, says Sweden's landslagschef Marika Domanski Lyfors.
" It has not been so much audience in Italy and Spain in the past, but it becomes a bit of a reversal of the trend. If you look through the roof in different directions, I think more will follow after.
" not Really, there are so many who are fotbollsintresserade where so you have really just been waiting for it to break through on the women's side also. Then well is a contributing factor to it is about big law. The clubs have got good momentum on women's football and has done well in the Champions League as well, " said Domanski Lyfors and adds:
– I hope it is a trend which is in and of itself.
is it time for a new publikfest. But then, it is about landslagsfotboll – in Sweden.
When fotbollsdamerna meets Germany in a friendly game before this summer's world CUP, at the Friends arena in Solna, is expected around 30,000 in the stands.
Thus, seeing the team's previous attendance record, from the world CUP-qualifying match against Switzerland at the Rasunda 2002 (20.302 spectators), out turned.17 years. So old is the damlandslagets attendance records in Sweden. 20.302 people sat at Råsunda in the world CUP qualifier against Switzerland on 8 may 2002. Sweden won 4-0 after two goals by Hanna Ljungberg and two of Victoria Sandell (then Smith). Photo: Maja Suslin/TT
– It really means a lot. It will be an incredible boost in the preparations for the world CUP, " says Domanski Lyfors.
otherwise, the Old Ullevi stadium in Gothenburg, sweden. Now, the men's counterpart.
" We have a very nice arena in Gothenburg, which we really enjoy. But to get to play on the men's national stadium and pull this much of an audience – it is clear that it feels good in the heart.
If then the interest of the national team, and the new audiences out there in Europe, is infectious even in the damallsvenskan remains to be seen.
In the last year had the team of the tournament Piteå maximum hemmasnitt (1.999 spectators) in Sweden, while totalsnittet in the series was 895.
told you about how the effect of the Swedish OLYMPIC silver in 2016 did not materialize, but despite the stagnating attendance figures, has the commitment of the Swedish football league still increased, the mean association Football dam (EFD).
It showed a study presented in the fall, based on the 6,000 interviews.
24% of the respondents stated that they were ”very interested” or ”fairly interested” of the damallsvenskan. In 2015, the corresponding figure was 16 per cent.
the world CUP-the year 2019 is to actively attract these people to the arenas.
– We will use our role models now to play the world CUP in a better way, " says Linda Wijkström, EFD's secretary-general.
– in the Past we may have taken them a little for granted.
Read more: the Fifa world CUP in France to 2019 – big guide