When companies are squeezed financially whole in the bottom, is sponsorudgifterne the first item in the budget that are being cut away. It will get Denmark's largest cycling team, the faculty based Riwal Readynez, to feel this season, where coronavirussen have closed everything down.
Each of the smaller sponsors have not been able to pay on time, while others are reluctant to commit further. And the cancellation of etapeløbet Denmark Around only makes a difficult season even harder to get through.
- It is bad for us, and it's bad for Danish cycling. Around denmark could have helped a part of the situation, but now it's good enough uphill, says Steffen Kromann, who is the director of Riwal Readynez Cycling Team.
- the 2020 season is gone, so we have directed our attention to 2021 in order to ensure the right ‘setup’ and be well prepared for next year.
- We have good partners, and I have a good dialogue with the sponsors. They support us, but it is clear that they also want something. We could offer them exposure in Denmark Around, it would make many things much easier, says Kromann.
He assures the cancellation of the Denmark Around not provides Riwal Readynez death knell. The team should probably clear out through 2020, estimates he.
- It is megaærgerligt, to Around Denmark had to be cancelled. I'm curious as to how much cycling we'll get to see this year - if anything at all.
- The situation we all now can come to do evil. It is our existence that is at stake, but I must say, however, that I am more positive now than I was just 14 days ago, says Steffen Kromann.
- We have to believe that it can be done, and we do. We must go further.
See also: Danish cykeltalent share violent image.
See also: Froomes bomb: Considering holdskifte now
See also: Jackpot in corona-the crisis: Scores of violent milliongevinst
See also: 'No Tour to Fuglsang.'
See also: Cancelled the cycling season can wipe out Fuglsangs team