One of the Norwegian cross country most recognizable faces will give up after this season is over. Vidar Løfshus has been the commander for langrennsløperne since 2011 and worked in the Norwegian ski federation since 2006. Now 48-year-old decided that enough is enough and he ends up in the job.
- Should you have this job, one must be the top subject and be inspired every day on the job. It is a job where you work 24 hours a day, seven days a week, " says Løfshus.
- the Motivation lacks a little bit more, and then it is time to give up, " says Løfshus to the Newspaper.
Løfshus can look back on an eventful and successful period as coach for cross-country skiing.
- I like to say that I really am a modest man, but on a day like this where I will update so... We have, in each case together with a wonderful support system and fantastic performers delivered results. We have delivered the medals to the Norwegian cross-country skiing and sports that no other branches or sports makes. I feel I have been a strong contributor there, " he says.
Løfshus’ time in the job has coincided with the best period in English langrennshistorie. Training Espen Bjervig believe Løfshus shall have their part of the credit for just that.
He has tremendous results. There is a void to fill. He has built up a system that works well in our sport. But now we have to find one that can take over after Vidar, " says training Espen Bjervig.
Bjervig must now be on the lookout for a replacement for Løfshus that in many ways has shaped how arbeidsrollen includes. Løfshus believe his departure may be helpful to look at what the job entails.
I said to Espen, that in any case that it must be very much focus on sports. I've spent much of the administrative tasks, and can, perhaps, imagine that a successor has even more focus on sport and less on the administration and the economy, " says Løfshus.Out against the critics: - They have not the knowledge - To have an open mind
Exactly how jobbutlysningen will be is not yet clarified, but Bjervig does not rule out that they are going to look also outside the langrennsfamilien for a replacement in the job.
- We shall have an open mind. To find a copy, I don't think are any good. But this is elite sport, we must find someone who is interested in to sacrifice himself and is dedicated for it is a very special and demanding position. It blows on top, and it makes it definitely in the Norwegian cross-country skiing, " says Bjervig to the Newspaper.CHANGED SPORTS: Håvard Tjørhom went from alpine skiing to athletics at the space in London in conjunction with the world CHAMPIONSHIPS in athletics. Photo: Heiko Junge / NTB scanpix Show more
An example of what is Håvard Tjørhom, who went from a position as sportssjef for alpinistene to toppidrettssjef in association of athletics federations in 2016. Tjørhom tells the Newspaper that about Skiforbundet want a person without langrennserfaring, becomes the instrument around extremely important.
I think that in Skiforbundet they have a good support system. If you come from the outside, one is completely dependent on having good people around him, but then one can also come in with some new approaches, explains Tjørhom.
- It depends on how they want that role to be. If they think of someone from the outside may need some other take it langrennsspesifikke. They must think through the role of the person to have, and the distribution of roles they want, advise Tjørhom via the Newspaper.- One who knows the requirements
TV 2s langrennsekspert Åge Skinstad seems not langrennskomiteen should look outside the langrennsmiljøet. He tells Dagbladet that he is not going to say what Skiforbundet need to do, but nevertheless the following:SKEPTIC: Åge Skinstad believes a new sportssjef trainer experience about cross-country skiing. Photo: Terje Pedersen / NTB scanpix Show more
I think it is smart to have very much knowledge about elite sport and have a toppidrettsbakgrunn and a person who is aware of which requirements there is in cross country, " says Skinstad.
From april 2006 until after the world cup in Oslo in 2011 set just Skinstad in the role of sportssjef and had both sportive responsibility and administrative responsibility, before the roles were handed to the Løfshus and Bjervig have today.
Although Bjervig in the day told me that he first got information from the Løfshus two days ago and that he was a little surprised that Løfshus not continued, believe Skinstad, that this does not come surprising at langrennsledelsen.
I don't think it will bardust on Torbjørn Skogstad and langrennskomiteen. There are certainly good candidates for the job, " says Skinstad.FIS president shock: Will have the OLYMPICS to dictatorships