Rosenborg canceled today a press conference where Eirik Horneland should be presented as the club's new head coach. The background is a conflict with Haugesund.
RBKs chairman Ivar Koteng met the press in Trondheim, at 12: 30 pm.
- We have cancelled a press conference on the background of noise with Haugesund. We feel we have a need to defend us. We went wide out and found out that we would have a chat with the Horneland. We took contact with Haugesund and was allowed to it. We agreed on a sketch. We found out that he has an appointment with the usual termination, " says Koteng at a press conference in Trondheim, norway.
Koteng tells that RBK negotiated with Haugesund before christmas and tells that it was created contact in the beginning of December.
- We don't succeed with to buy Horneland out of notice periods, January-February. We offered 1.1 million in practice for nine day, " says Koteng.RBK-CHIEF: . Ivar Koteng. Photo: Ole Martin Wold / NTB scanpix Show more
Now he can start 1. February. We have acted generously. We have offered a large sum that he could start earlier. Haugesund claim all sorts of things. We were hung out in the newspapers. Lawyers have seen the case and it is clear that there is one month's notice, says Koteng.
the Chairman says that there is no doubt that the Horneland is RBK-coach, but the question is just when. He says that Horneland has signed a contract and that he starts in the job latest 1. February.
Haugesund, however, has a different view on the matter.Haugesund: - Appointment to november
- We have an agreement that expires 30. november 2019, and have an expectation that it either will be maintained or that he is being purchased from it, " says Kaldheim to NRK.
Horneland claim on their page that the parties signed a new contract in October 2018. Haugesund believe, however, that this contract does not apply.
- The (new) agreement is terminated due to reasons which are made known to both Erik Horneland and Rosenborg. It was terminated in romjulen, in advance of that we received a notice of termination. There are two stand-alone agreements that are entered into, and the original agreement, which applies for the season 2017/18/19, is timed. It has no oppsigelsesadgang, says Kaldheim to NRK.Horneland: - New appointment
Via a press release states Eirik Horneland the following:
- FK Haugesund and I was earlier in the autumn to agree on amended terms for my trenerstilling. The new terms apply from 1. January 2019. From this date, the following applies oppsigelsesadgang in: "During the employment and after the expiration of the trial period comes to a mutual end of 1 month, calculated from the end of the calendar month the cancellation took place."
- This provision has I been me. But it does not FK Haugesund, which is surprising consider themselves uforpliktet of the new agreement with the corresponding oppsigelsesadgang, says Eirik Horneland.
I now look forward to start as the new coach for Rosenborg BK after oppsigelsesperiodens outlet, " says Horneland
RBK/Haugesund trainer has engaged a lawyer in the case.
FK Haugesund in the termination of contractual rights in an existing and ongoing working relationship is without support in fact or in law and is invalid, says lawyer Erik Flågan representing Horneland in the case.
- Horneland has neither held back information at the conclusion of the agreement 20. september 2018, or in any way been unfair in relation to FK Haugesund. The termination is thus invalid and the termination valid and both coaches are free to tilre another position of the 1. February 2019, " Flågan.Drama in Rochdale: Cancels press conference