Ishockeylandsholdet is just now underway with the training camp towards the next month's WORLD championships in Slovakia.
But coach Heinz Ehlers have to look far for one of the team's solid backer. Emil Kristensen has not been in combat in more than half a year and it doesn't come on this side of the summer holidays.
the Cause is a head injury, as Kristensen was in a fight for his Finnish club, KooKoo, all the way back in september of last year.
An unclean tackle sent the dane in the ice, and he has not been on the track since. Now it is instead about to be completely ready for the next season.
- I have never doubted that I will come back. But I do not play, before I'm completely fresh, " says Emil Kristensen.
He has been through a long and frustrating process filled with uncertainty.
the Doctors believe that he is suffering from a combination of concussion and whiplash. But no one has been able to give a forecast as to when he would be fresh enough to resume his career.
In the beginning, he expected it, he would be back in a matter of a few weeks. Later the goal was just to get back on the ice in the course of the season.
- Every day I have the thought that today it would turn. But since there was five-ten games back, I had to realize that there was not enough time.
- In a way it was a liberation. I have in a long time stressed out myself, because I would like to reach to play before the season was over.
- Now, I could pull the season out of the calendar. It was probably healthy, " says Emil Kristensen.
He is up until august associated with Hjerneskadecentret in Copenhagen, who helps him with the training program and follow-up.
It goes forward, but the 26-year old back continues to struggle with the consequences of the accident.
- I have been really hard to sleep through. Wake up in the middle of the night and can't calm down. I get the medicine. It has been better, but it is not over, " says Emil Kristensen.
Before the season in KooKoo ended, he was in istræningen. He was able to skate himself and participate in the team's warming. The game itself ploys it in return with.
- When I entered in spiløvelser and should relate to more and more things, I got problems. Then came the headache. I could feel that there was something to work with. There were some steps I had to go.
- I grapple still with some things. 95 percent of the time I have it okay. I still have bad days, and it is still up and down, explains Emil Kristensen.
the Contract with KooKoo has expired, and he is spending the summer with my family in Esbjerg. For the first time since 2013 he must watch the WORLD cup in the tv forward to fight for the Danish national team.
There was nothing I would like better than to play the WORLD cup. It will be mentally hard to see the boys skate around in Slovakia, he says.
The Danish national team plays on Thursday - without Emil Kristensen - his first health scare ahead of the WORLD cup. The opponent, in Aalborg, Finland.
Sports and Games Has 260 kilometers to the training: Meet unique in scandinavia because the superpendler