HAMBURG (Ekstra Bladet): The 211-centimetre Danish shooter Nikolaj Markussen has stood somewhat in the shadow of the Danish star, Mikkel Hansen at left-back.
He spent a lot of time to get ready either in vain or for short indhop.
In the fight against Sweden, he made real inroads were made in the tournament when Hansen played a bad first half.
- after a quarter of an hour said William (Jacobsen, ed.), that I should make myself clear, and so went there just ten more minutes before I came in. It is my work to keep me clear throughout the fight, and then it was just nice to come in and put a positive stamp on the fight, " says Markussen.
A couple of goals was hammered in the box, but so was venstrebacken taken out after a fall. Unfortunately, the beat Markussen his head after a Swedish approach.
It meant a ride on the bench, and a hungry Mikkel Hansen came to the track and punished the swedes. Symptomatic of Markussens the WORLD cup.
Then came Alice (Hansen, ed.) in and played so well the rest of the fight, that he was allowed to finish it, " says Markussen on the unfortunate end for him in the fight.
however, He is more than ready to knock the French and make a difference, away from the comfortable Danish frames in the Box.
- We will probably be missing the 15,000 spectators, so we're a little more alone. We hope, however, that there are some danes down here that come and support us, " says Markussen.Morten Olsen: Has previously shone against France
At the OLYMPICS in Rio in 2016, played Morten Olsen has an absolutely central role on the national team. But at this finals, he has only had limited playing time, but in the semifinals he may have a crucial role in the danes ' tactics against France.
- do you See yourself in a role like in Rio, where you were in the seven to seksspillet?
- I think we need to review many things in the course of the fight. Seven against six is one of the things that we can pull forward, if the game does not work. But I don't know 100 percent what we need to do from the start, but there are options for that I can play a little seven to six.
Morten Olsen is happy that he in the latest match got put a positive mark with his indhop.
- It was nice to get into. I had not seen so much of the inside of the track in a while. So just to go in and play was good.