In Aftenposten's print version on Tuesday, the newspaper's commentator Ola Bernhus over a double spread featured Matti Nykänen and his big career, under the title "Compared with the other rovfuglene, he was the kongeørnen".
Matti Nykänen passed away the night of Monday.
But the problem here, is that the man who is the great depicted on the dobbeltsida, is the former Norwegian athlete Olav Hansson from Røa in Oslo.
It sportssjef Eirik Fardal settles langflat the face of the Newspaper.
- We have dummet us out. We have added a photo of Olav Hansson from the race Matti Nykänen won in 1982, and we were fooled by the caption in the archive. We just need to grumble. This we should rectify, " says Eirik Fardal to the Newspaper.DEATH: the Finnish hopplegende Matti Nykänen is dead. It informs relatives of him to the newspaper Seiska. 55-year-old won a number of OLYMPIC and world CHAMPIONSHIP gold medals. Video: NRK tv, NTB Scanpix. Clip: Ørjan Ryland / Dagbladet Show more VG also did wrong
a Few small hours later was the Newspaper aware that the VG also has gone in the trap. Also, they struck again with a great double spread about the legendary Finnish athlete in today's newspaper.
the Avid readers, with a sportsjournalist and editor of the Norwegian Golf Magnus Sveen in the tip, noted on Twitter that neither the VG has a picture of Nykänen, but instead of the yugoslav athlete Primoz Ulaga.ULAGA, NOT NYKÄNEN: It is this picture from the archive to the Getty was VG. Photo: Facsimile VG Show more
Confronted with the error says the news desk editor in VG, Ken André Ottesen, that he thinks it's sour, but that error happens.
- We have made a mistake, and it is due first and foremost that it was the wrong caption in the bildebasene. It was the main reason for the error. There is no Matti Nykänen. Where we need to add us to the flat. It surely goes an to see that it is not him if you know exactly what kind of helmet and shoes he had, and it got us the house past yesterday. We have only lament, " says Ottesen.
Ken André Ottesen points out that also the Newspaper has a mistake on the front page today.
- Error happens occasionally, as on the front of the Newspaper today. Also, there is kjempesurt that it was wrong, both for readers and us, we think we created some wonderful pages. It was silly, but mistakes happen, repeat Ottesen to the Newspaper.- A great athlete
Hansson has not read the newspaper when the Newspaper to contact Tuesday morning, but be chuckling when he gets the message delivered.
- When do I need to buy the newspaper Aftenposten and see. It is nice with good words, smiles Hansson.
Furthermore, seems he the news of Nykänens's passing is terribly sad.
He was a great athlete. He was my toughest competitor, " says Hansson.- Perhaps the most perfect ski jumper
In the picture where he is pictured in the newspaper Aftenposten, cheering him for second place in the ski world cup on home soil in 1982. Then ended up he behind just Nykänen.
- I have a whole bunch of second places behind him. We have had many hard fighter. I remember particularly well a fight we had in Vikersund in 1983. Then he beat me by half a point, it is so small and should almost not be possible. He was very, very good, recalls Hansson.Icon
on Monday morning, so the message that hoppikonet has died, only 55 years old. Hoppverdenen reacted to the news with great sadness.
- Matti was a role model for generations of skihoppere, and I was one of those who were in nesegrus admiration of Mattis athletic performance. He took the sport our to a whole new level, and he won it that was to win. He did it in a convincing way, every single time, " says Bråthen of the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet.
Arne Scheie says:
None of Matti Nykänen. No one at the side of the.
This is very sad to hear. He had a somewhat more turbulent life than most, but was still undoubtedly one of by far the greatest in ski jumping throughout the ages. He was a splash of color, says the former verdensrekordholderen Bjørn Einar Romøren to DagbladetSuch was the man, and the tragedy of Matti Nykänen Dagbladet Plus