SEEFELD/SJUSJØEN (Dagbladet): Heidi Weng is in the forefront at season's main goal. The hope of the Norwegian national leadership's is that it is here, in the world cup, the final will release for the winner of the world cup the last two seasons.
Forsesongen to Weng was namely influenced by how the previous one ended. The downturn in the OLYMPICS and complete formsvikt at the end of the season did that Weng had to calm down the workout powerful. Throughout this winter, she has searched for good answers in the slot. Currently they default.
- that's the way It is and I know even that I haven't done a good enough job in the beginning and have not been able to do it either. It could be turned both ways, I could have performed well also, but it has not been like that. I have had better oppkjøringer until about years and then, I am unfortunately a little after. Maybe I can get a good end to the season yet, " says Weng to Dagbladet on Sjusjøen one and a half week before the world cup.Johaug-fear: - We'll see if the rest of the field concept in t about the seats behind the
- so Far, it has been my worst season in seven years. So it is a bit kjipt, when you feel that you start to get older, it should been the opposite in a way. At the same time, so that all will be best and everyone may not be on the podium, all can't be top-10. All do a great job and coach a lot, and maybe some do a much better job than me, and coach at least as much and not have gotten it in the same degree, continues the 27-year-old.
Her last race before the world championship was a small upturn. A fourth and a fifth place in the Norwegian CHAMPIONSHIP in Meråker was progress, even if the difference is up to Johaug was enormous. Especially on the 10 km felt Weng that she had known a little of the pace needed as she held Astrid Uhrenholdt Jacobsen, who started halvminuttet behind, behind. After the finish cheered she loudest of all.
It has been a season where I have been very unsure of things. I don't know what åpningsfart I should have, or how I'm going to go a skirenn, almost. It has been a little like that. It has been long.
- You have forgotten a bit how it feels to go fast on skis?
- Yes, it feels a bit like that, admit Weng.aprés ski #2: Sergey Ustjugov in an argument with John Høsflot Klæbo, who later took the gold. Otherwise it was a bright, fall, tears and lots of drama. See episode two of "après ski" now. Presenter: Øyvind Godø. Video/editing: Kristoffer Løkås/Frederick N. Filtvedt. Show more Must get with your head
She has been with and won the gold medal at three consecutive world championships, in addition to two individual medals. Weng argues, however, that she did not think about medals before a world cup. Instead, she is keen to get good days along the way in the championship.
I have never thought about the medals before. It is a little bit distant in the mind. I like best to be defensive, then I can also be aggressive on the starting line. It is a bit like that, if you have a good day have a good day and this is the way it has been in the run also. I have had off and suddenly some kjempeøkter where the body has worked as it should and as it has done before, where you just can go without it costing so much. Other days it has been terribly heavy and you know that it does not work at all. I hope that it will be a good day maybe one of the days.
It is the hope and the dream. The good days have appeared more frequently the past two months. If a new good day should show up on one of renndagene in Seefeld it still remains an obstacle for Weng. Her own skull.
I think that it is tiny bit more in the head than the body right now, I feel perhaps that I have taken the steps all the way and I now know that only in some sessions it can be a bit like that that I don't think I will be able to go fast or faster, but then suddenly I decide me to latch on and then it went very much faster. So I think maybe that I'll try to be a little more aggressive than I have been to date, " says Weng.New Ustjugov-gesture surprises Klæbo: - He did it, yes? Less pressure
On the place in Seefeld is Weng on the Norwegian 15-kilometerlaget with the least pressure on their shoulders. The world cup has constantly been the goal this season for Weng.
Now when it is here does she still at least equally unsure of how the body should respond, the day before she should attempt to hang on to Therese Johaugs fierce pace from the start in the 15-kilometer, and hopefully be able to fight for the medal.
- We will now see. Time will tell.
- do you Have any goals for this world cup?
My objectives are really just to enjoy and go hard and fast on the ski. Get up your foot a little bit for it I think ..., I have sat and looked at my heyday back in time and you see a bit of difference to what I have done in the winter so I need to sharpen me a bit, " says Weng.
- You say it is delicious with less pressure from the outside. How much pressure you put on yourself?
I usually don't really don't have so much pressure on myself, I was just trying to go as fast as I can, " says Weng.Swedish gullhåp lose the 15-kilometer SKI world CHAMPIONSHIP PROGRAM Thursday 21. February
At 12: 00 noon Prologue sprint: Sprint freestyle women and gentlemen Kl 14.00 Finals: Sprint freestyle women and gentlemenFriday 22. February
At 10: 30 Am Jump storbakke: Combined (HS120 in Innsbruck) At 16.15 Combined cross-country skiing: 10 kmSaturday 23. February
11: 00 Am 15 mile skibytte: Women At 12: 30 pm 30 miles skibytte: Gentlemen At 14.30 Jump Storbakke: GentlemenSunday 24. February
Kl 09.15 semi-finals lagsprint: cross-country Skiing women and gentlemen At 10: 30 Am Jump lagsprint: Combined At 11: 30 Finals lagsprint: Sprint freestyle cross-country skiing women and gentlemen 13.30 Hrs Lagsprint combined 2 x 7.5 km cross-country skiing At 14.45 Lagkonkurranse jump: InnsbruckTuesday, 26. February
13.30 Hrs 10 km classic: Women 16.00 Qualification jump: Womenon Wednesday the 27th. February
Kl 14.00 15 km classic: Gentlemen At 16.15 Jump: WomenThursday, 28. February
11: 00 Am Jump normalbakke: Combined At 13: 00, Relay cross-country skiing: Women, 4x5 km Kl 15.15 Combined cross-country skiing: 10 kmFriday 1. march
Kl 13.15 Relay cross-country skiing, Gentlemen, 4x10 km 16.00 Jumps Gentlemen, normalbakkeSaturday 2. march
11: 00 Am Lagkonkurranse combined: Jump normalbakke At 12.15 30 miles: Women, freestyle At 14.45 Lagkonkurranse combined: cross-country Skiing 4x5 km 16.00 Mixed lagkonkurranse jump: normalbakkeSunday 3. march
At 13: 00, 50 miles: Gentlemen, freestyle
Can you beat your friends, rivals, cross-country skiers, and experts in the Fantaski?
the Newspaper, and Swix launches a new manager games for cross-country skiing. Here you can set up your own team consisting of six girls and six boys in front of each verdenscuprunde. You get points based on how your athletes are performing.
the Game passes the entire season, but you win prizes each and every round.Play here