OAR /OSLO (Dagbladet): - I don't think many people understand the emotions I go through now.
The most-awarded female olympic skier, Lindsey Vonn, was in the day of his last race in his career. The american has struggled with injuries, and now can not stand her body more.
today she got a drømmeavslutning on his career. She took bronze in the utforen. Again did she make that Image did yesterday: Take out the best when it comes to the most:
I'm not surprised. All know the mentality my: I risk everything. Always. That is why I have both won so much and crashed so much, " says Vonn.Aamodt apologized for Vonn
Kjetil André Aamodt experienced Vonn early in his career, but was not impressed with what he saw. During the Radio broadcast today he told about his first meeting with the american superstar.
- I had a training session together with her in the early 2000s, together with Pernilla Wiberg, and we trained hard. We had a Polish swimming coach, and drove a tretimersøkt. When there were some tears that came from Lindsey Vonn. I doubted, I thought well, really, "she where going never to win a skirenn". So the so-called expert missed the total, said a lattermild Aamodt.
Is there anything you want to say to Lindsey Vonn today? asked the presenter Line Andersen.
I will say sorry. But I think back: She lived with his Polish coach in Monaco where, who had 13 cats, and was there for three weeks. It says something about the dedication she had. She trained with the Wiberg to see where the list is located, and she is one of the most serious athletes we have seen and perhaps the most famous ever, concludes he.Out against the Vonns world cup-criticism To remember In it.
the Newspaper spoke with Lindsey Vonn at the press conference, the three hours that he drove over the finish line for the last time. the
Almost all the time, she used to kare through the sea of journalists that would have a last word with her. The whole family, the dog Lucie, and the support services they received also a recent picture of her in rennutstyr.
Vonn was in obvious pain. She kept to the back and said that the neck was "absolutely terrible". She also had to have help up the last trappetrinnene in to the press conference.
Vonn believes that the pain she felt today, as she is also known on the day in Monaco, where she cried in front of Aamodt, who has sealed her career.
- I remember the workout well, " says Vonn of the Newspaper.
- to follow up his good comment. We trained together, and he prompet. At least five times. I was crying maybe, but he let it stand. So I think I won the fight, continuing the 34-year-old lattermild, before she turns over to a more serious tone about the tough training sessions that were to shape his career.
It was an interesting time. We trained with a Polish coach in Monaco. It was where I really taught me to push my body to the extreme. I have never trained so hard and it is entirely appropriate that Aamodt says. I cried. I cried in the phone with my dad every night and said I wanted to go home. It was brutal, but I was and I learned what it really means to be tough, " says Vonn.
She thinks that Aamodt had remembered the story completely differently if he had been on training courses more often:
- Aamodt saw me at the start of the transition, when I learned what it means to be tough. He had seen me at the end of the camps, he had told a completely different story.LEGENDEMØTE: Ingemar Stenmark and Lindsey Vonn met after the current flows in the Vein. It was amerikanerens very last as an active alpinist. Photo: NTB scanpix Show more Historic strike
Through his career has Vonn had a big goal: To become the most-awarded mountaineer through the ages. Ingemar Stenmark has the record with 86 verdenscupseire. Vonn has had 82 since she took her last victory in Åre in march 2018. That goal reached, she never, but when she came into the goal after today's race, she was met with hugs from the 62-year-old.
Ingemar Stenmark was also in the target area, and at one point he threw a fictitious bowling ball against Lindsey Vonn and support services, which all fell like bowling pins. A strike that drew a fine picture of the record, she never managed to take.
It was I who got him to come here. I gave him a clear message in several messages. With the CAPS LOCK and the many exclamation marks, " says Vonn.the fram Had a smile on Vonn with the cheeky message:
- a Little humor, we must have