On Thursday were both Svenska kraftnät's director general, Ulla Sandborgh and energy minister Ibrahim Baylan (S) are called to the industry and to give his view of the irregularities that have emerged in the DN's review. Several managers have been hired or have been hired without a proper background check has been completed. According to the experts of DN has interviewed conflict management against the Swedish security protection act.
Ulla Sandborgh, which was the first to be questioned, admitted afterwards that there are deficiencies in the authority's säkerhetsskyddsarbete. But she does not believe that they would jeopardize national security.
" I talked with our säkerhetsskyddschef who is the one who reports to me.
this is not a risk for us.
" We estimate that there are gaps. But not for national security.
– Now it has revealed things that we did not know then and that was in september and October.
– There is a moment when a person has gained access to the information which it should not have been in the safety class it was in. Now is the person is a security classified in a class it should have had in order to get the information.
Ulla Sandborgh did not want to answer questions why Svenska kraftnät has not followed the decisions of the government which establishes that the current positions should be placed in the maximum security prison, class a.Ulla Sandborgh. Photo: Paul Hansen
According to the task assigned to the DN stated Ulla Sandborgh during the meeting with the industry to DN's reporting has been ”exaggerated and misleading”. Afterwards she did not want to make sense of what she meant, and disappeared in the road.
to the DN that he was reached by the data of the defective first last week. This despite the fact that myndighetsledningen been reached, the alarm about the shortcomings much earlier, and partly by Svenska kraftnät responsible head of department in september and partly by the internal auditor in October.
Ibrahim Baylan, stressed after the meeting that he thinks that it is important that the Fbi is now doing a thorough review of the procedures and of any violation of the rules and laws that exist.
" We received information last week that the man saw that there could be deficiencies in the procedures relating to the säkerhetsskyddsarbetet. But we were not satisfied with the information, but I asked the department to ask supplementaries, but when additional questions were answered so I was not really satisfied. I decided to call the director to get more information.
Ibrahim Baylan continues:
– the Rules and laws are not there by chance. We need to get this oversight, that we are going through this properly, then we will also see what the consequences and measures that need to be taken.Ibrahim Baylan (S). Photo: Paul Hansen
– It is good that you are going through this properly. I had been pleased with the first information had I not called up the director general. Now we are waiting for the inspections to be done so that we get all the papers on the table.
Näringsutskottets chairman, Lars Hjälmered (M), who requested the hearing in the committee, was not satisfied with the information provided. Many questions are still unanswered, according to Hjälmered.
– the main issue for me right now is whether or not it has been pure violations of the law related to säkerhetsskyddslagstiftningen or not, " says Hjälmered and continues:
– Now, I get the feeling some of to refer to the investigation in order to avoid the act and take in this for real. It reminds very strongly about Ygeman and the rest of the government's handling of the transport agency that they did not take the serious security concerns seriously. It makes me genuinely worried.
– There may be a couple of options that we can consider forward. It can be to call the same persons or other persons to the committee and I shall get more information. It may be to watch a KU notification to the committee on the constitution is actually supposed to watch the government and the responsible minister's responsibility in this. I exclude nothing in this, given how serious the issue is, " says Lars Hjälmered.
Read more: the Director-general submitted incorrect information about säkerhetsprövningar
Read more: internal Auditor blew the whistle on failures to Svenska kraftnät's board of directors already in the autumn
Read more: a senior leader at the Swedish national grid deleted documents in order to escape the examination