1. Annie Ernaux: "memory of a girl"
About everything Important in your life Annie Ernaux had already written, only one event is left out: As you experienced as an 18-Year-old to her "first Time" with a supervisor of a vacation colony. Ugly, humiliating, embarrassing, repressed. After 55 years, the great French writer is approaching that summer. And recognizes as foreign and they became "the girl who I was". The process of recovery of the former perception is achieved through reflection, through old letters, the Chansons of the time, and remains unfinished. A tremendously dense, rich, wise book – and a contribution to the #Me-Too-debate from an unexpected historical perspective.
2. Thomas Hürlimann: "homecoming"
Triumphant return to the Swiss literature , spinning happily as never before.
3. Peter Stamm: "The gentle indifference of the world"
master wins the CH-book price. With his most enigmatic novel.
4. Francesca Melandri: "All except me"
Sensation from Italy: Colonial, families and migration history.
5. Waguih Ghali: "Snooker in Cairo"
The best novel of Egypt? A young man sits anywhere between the chairs.
6. Stephan Thome: "God of the barbarians"
Historic civil war helps to understand today's China better.
7. Christina Viragh: "One of those nights"
Switzerland for the third: pastime on a night flight.
8. Angelika Klüssendorf: "years later,"
the conclusion of the trilogy: a depressing drama, terrific told.
9. Kristine Bilkau: "love in thoughts"
a love Can take a lifetime to fulfill? Perhaps because of this.
10. Joshua Cohen: "book of Numbers"
For Advanced users: Cohen, the history of the Internet tells as a cultural battle.
Agree? Something is missing? Suggestions, please enter below. (Sunday newspaper)
Created: 18.12.2018, 15:02 PM