On Sunday night was held the final of the Resort's best poet in a crowded Youth center in Rinkeby. The winner in the individual class was 19-year-old Farhiya Feysal from Linköping, who last year also won the team competition.
Organizers in Linköping pressed on a little and got me to set up again. And it feels great to win. There were many who trusted me, supported me and believed in me, " says Farhiya Feysal to DN.Farhiya Feysal Photo: United Suburbs of
has been held annually since 2015. For each year, the competition has grown in scope and included in the year twelve events around the country. The aim has been to highlight the stories from the people who grow up in the Swedish suburbs. The organizer is the non-profit association of the United suburbs, which this year worked with the foundation Nature & Culture.
But despite the successes do not seem to be any continuation. From the scene on Sunday announced the organizers that the best poet is to be closed down. Two reasons were highlighted as the cause. Firstly, the association has long been severely underfunded. Second, the organizers that they have actively been opposed by local politicians and officials.
Bipasha Hospital, president and co-founder of the United suburbs, says to DN that despite the competition's popularity had a hard time to even reach a minimum level of financial muscle that is required. At the same time, said she, do not experience the organizers to be taken seriously.
– There is a definite answer that we are not running next year, even if, after the final has received excellent response. Everyone says they want to help. The economy is one thing, but also that we can't work under these conditions a long time, " says Bipasha Hospital.
another criticism of how they had been met by the district administration Rinkeby-Kista. According to Bipasha Hospital, the administration hardly wanted to have contact with the organizers, have been slow to leave the keys to the premises and not implemented the measures agreed on in advance.
the Poet Daniel Boyacioglu, who is a board member of the United suburbs, agrees:
– There are many small items that together will become critical. From our side, it is clear that we are doing something extraordinary, which is good and useful in so many ways, while they treat us like a sewing circle, or any other association whatsoever, " says Daniel Boyacioglu.
– It is not only cumbersome with the district. It is a question of funding and workload. All who celebrate our successes understand enough not wear it for, and what's actually required to keep up our business, " says Daniel Boyacioglu.
Karin Tengby, project manager for the stiftelseverksamheten on Nature & Culture, says that she both noticed and understand the frustation that the organizers provided an outlet for.
" It's really weird and sad that they do not get a larger support for what they do. In the end of the day, it is now being put down, it becomes a pretty big deal for many people, "says Karin Tengby and continues:
" We hope of course that this should live on. It is an incredibly exciting and important activity, to reconcile the country's suburbs in the poetry. We give a quite large support, but it needs more help. Just like this project to get backing from the municipality and the district.
stadsdelsdirektör in Rinkeby-Kista, do not understand at all the anger of the United suburbs of expression. She explains, among other things, that they had a skyddstopp in the Youth house, which prevented the regular staff gets to work there.
" I do not understand what more we could have done than to lend a local and have field staff in relation to it, or what they had expected. We had discussed a possible collaboration earlier in the autumn at our youth club but there was no interest from their side. So I don't know what they are aiming at, " says Ulla Thorslund.
" It's probably those who have not responded to emails, I want to express. We have had a staff, both kultursekreteraren and säkerhetsstrategen, who sought to get in touch with them on a number of occasions and also had contact, been in the meetings and submitted the papers they needed for the event, so I don't know what they are aiming at.
" of Course. We have absolutely nothing against it. It is a nice event, fulfils a great function and many are interested in it, " says Ulla Thorslund.
local politicians and officials, the organizers have also questioned the police action on several occasions. In avslutningstalet took, among other things, a intervention at the metro station in Rinkeby during the Saturday evening, after the competition's semi-finals completed.
A video clip from the event has been widely spread in the social media and harsh criticism has been leveled against both the police and the stewards. According to Bipasha Hospital became one of the competition's jury members and a co-organizer of ill-treatment.
" We came to the place, and perceived the situation as to people from our arrangements been ill-treated. We tried to have a dialogue, but got no sympathy, " says Bipasha Hospital.
Even Karin Tengby noticed a high polisnärvaro at the metro station over the weekend.
– It could all who was there to witness. I understand that the organizers have felt harassed by the police. It must be very tough, especially since we are just trying to create an opportunity for people in the suburb to provide a different picture of what's happening there, " she says.
deputy lokalpolisområdeschef in Rinkeby, many have heard of the police after Saturday's event.
He says that the police presence in the subway was not about the arrangement the best poet, but about an ongoing bet against the rising crime one sees in and around the metro station in Rinkeby.
– It is a place that is perceived as extreme insecurity, so to the extent that there are people who therefore do not dare to make use of the metro, " says Christoffer Bohman.
He says that man is continuously in contact with the SL in order to assess how the acted in different situations.
According to Christoffer Bohman lifted ordningsvakterna first off a person who did not heed their call. In a second stage lifted even the police to remove a person who has not followed the call when you told him to go out.
– If you do not hearken to the police, then we act on it. We have done this in the past, we did Saturday and we will be doing in the future. But I also do not want to belittle the emotions that people may, if the situation is perceived as disturbing, unpleasant, and escalating, " says Christoffer Bohman.
the poet reemerges becomes Farhiya Feysal is the last who will take home segets in the individual class. At the same time that he rejoices over yesterday's victory expresses her grief over the competition is to be closed down.
" It's difficult when not all of Stockholm is behind. I will be sorry for their sake. Joined our suburbs and have the struggling to new poets voices to be heard. It will be difficult for many to be seen and heard in the same way now, " says Farhiya Feysal.
Read more: ”this is their stage, they own it and they do what they want with it.”
Read more: Jami Faltin won the best poet 2017