10. Switzerland: In 14 stages to the valley (All the Videos: Youtube)
The Giessbach falls in the Bernese Oberland plunges over 14 cascade more than 500 meters in depth, before he runs into the lake of Brienz. At the beginning of the 19th century. Century, the giessbach were opened up cases for the tourism, first by a path from the lakeshore up, then a boarding house and later by the Grand Hotel Giessbach and in 1879 built the funicular, which is still running and as the oldest purely a tourist mountain railway in Europe.
9. Iceland: In the Golden light of The Gullfoss in Iceland, can not impress with Numbers and records. However, its force and its beauty qualify him for a Top placement. The water of the river Hvítá plunges over two massive, almost at a right angle to each other in stationary cascades 70 meters into the depth and rush canyon by a 2.5 km long. The low sun bathes the Gullfoss in the Golden light; often several rainbow span over him.
8. Mauritius: Gemini in a lunar landscape of rice at the end of waterfalls and a rust-red moon landscape: With more than 90 meters of depth, the Twin waterfalls of Chamarel in southwest Mauritius is the highest on the island. The River Cap crashes over a cliff edge into the depths. A narrow path you can reach the foot of the waterfall. A staircase to a viewing platform, from where you can see how the masses of water plunging into a green pool in the middle of the dense jungle.
7. Austria: glacier water in free fall , The Krimmler waterfalls in Salzburg, with a total height of 385 metres, the highest in Europe. You are on the edge of the village of Krimml in the Hohe Tauern national Park. Are formed by the Krimmler Ache, the crashes at the end of a high-altitude valley in three steps down, and especially in June and July, enormous amounts of melting water. A trail takes you directly to this spectacle of nature – a light included. The cases are among the most visited attractions in Austria.
6. Switzerland: Poet and painter of The Rhine falls is one of the three largest waterfalls in Europe, but has animated more painter and Poet than any other. On a width of 150 meters, thunder, dust, and spray in the summer, an average of 600 cubic meters of water per second is 23 meters to the valley, with average water of the river Rhine, it is an average of 373 cubic meters. The middle rocks of the Rhine falls can be reached with small boats. The natural wonder is located on the territory of the municipalities of Neuhausen am Rheinfall, SH, and Laufen-Uhwiesen, ZH; Schaffhausen is only four kilometres away.
5. Venezuela: The champion of the world The Angel falls in Venezuela's Canaima national Park (Parque Nacional Canaima) in the Federal state of Bolívar on the border with Brazil and Guyana, is the highest waterfall in the world. From 980 meters, the water falls mostly in thin rivulets in the deep. Who wants to visit the Salto Angel, takes the hardships: You can reach it on a full-day boat trip. It was named after the American Bush pilot Jimmie Angel, discovered in 1935, the cases. Angel died in 1956 after a plane accident; in 1960, his widow and his two sons scattered his ashes from an airplane over the water.
4. New Zealand: the spectacle on the South island In new Zealand Riva two cases compete in the South island, the Sutherland Falls and the Falls, the title of the most attractive waterfall in this natural beauty and rich Land. Impressively, both are: The Falls on the Doubtful Sound in the Fiordland National Park in a rainforest-covered area to fall in a cascade into the Fjord. You are either 619 or 836 meters high, depending on whether one measures the difference in height from the lake, from which they originate, or only the height of the cascade. The Sutherland Falls plunge from the circular lake, Quill Lake, which is dramatically framed by rock walls, in three increasingly wide levels of 580 meters in depth. Wooden stairs, visitors reach the viewing platforms.
3. North America: tourist magnet Niagara falls on the border between the U.S. state of New York and the canadian province of Ontario are overflowing the most well-known waterfalls of the world total, According to official canadian data 18 million tourists a year visit the Niagara Region. The Niagara River connects lake Erie with lake Ontario. At Niagara falls, he plunges 57 feet in depth. The Horseshoe (horseshoe) Falls on the canadian side are the most impressive, since they stretch in a wide arc 670 meters in the half round. In the evening, colorful lights illuminate. The smaller American Falls and the Bridal Veil (Bridal veil) Falls on the territory of the United States. On booting, the cases can be viewed from very close up. 1845 in Niagara falls, the world's first funicular railway, the Prospect Park Incline Railway, in operation cases.
2. East Africa: The Mighty The Victoria falls on the border of Zimbabwe and Zambia are the most violent of the earth. The rainy season makes the river Zambezi to swell a true Monster. From March to June up to 110 meters thunder here on a width of 1,700 meters, up to 10'000 cubic meters of water per second in the depth. The first European to see the falls was the Scottish missionary David Livingstone. He named them Victoria Falls in honor of the then British Queen. In the local Kololo the falls Mosi-oa-Tunya (smoke that thunders) hot. The Name refers to the mist that rises from the cases of up to 300 meters in height, and to see far and wide. In the immediate vicinity of the cases there is a rain forest, which owes its existence to the moisture of this fog.
1. Latin America: 275 waterfalls in a Of the three most famous waterfalls in the world Niagara, Victoria and Iguazu falls, the latter, in the border triangle of Brazil-Argentina-Paraguay is located the most impressive. Where: It is not a waterfall; the income from the jungle, flowing Río Iguazú or Iguaçu thunders, rather, in 20 large and 255 small waterfalls to a width of 2.7 kilometres in length and up to 82 meters in depth; in the majority of cases is 64 meters high. The amount of water varies between 1500 and more than 7000 cubic meters per second. Dozens of rainbow span over the Ensemble. Boardwalks and bridges lead visitors close to the falls; the spray splashes are included. The massive rumbling of the water is heard from many miles away.
www.travelnews.ch – the news portal for travel and tourism
Created: 08.03.2019, 10:51 PM