Multinational kapitalfondes invasion on the Danish housing market is coming to an end.
recent years have private equity funds, led by Blackstone, purchased tremendously many rental properties in the particular metropolitan area. Here used the services of a special loophole in the law.
By setting the kitchen or bath in an apartment, a so-called 5.2 renovation, they can often double or triple the rent in a tenancy. The law was introduced to make it possible to renovate the run-down leases.
But smutvejen to earn big money on the rent, there must be an end for now.
It takes the Danish people's party boligordfører Merete Dea Larsen, who is ready with a rush-solution.
- We are seeing massive acquisitions right now, which we should have stopped. I hope, therefore, that the foreign equity funds will pull the horns to him with this resolution, she says.
the Proposal is to double the amount which must be invested, before you can raise the rent, to 500,000 crowns. In this way it will give a less return, and send a clear signal to kapitalfondene, think Merete Dea Larsen.
From Kaare Dybvad. Photo: Rasmus Flindt Pedersen
the Proposal must be made in march and DF'eren hopes that the social democrats will get on the field and to submit the resolution.
In the longer term, there shall be established a committee of experts who can respond to the very complex field.
During the boligordfører, Kaare Dybvad, reports that he is ready to work with the DF-the proposal in the next week:
- We support the proposal and level of ambition. We have special needs, there are small apartments without the high rents, says Kaare Dybvad to Ekstra Bladet.
He points out that there may be many reservations, before you can make a change of the law on the renovations. Therefore, he thinks, first, that a comprehensive amendment of the law will be ready for next year.
- However right now will increase to 500,000 crowns to be a effective beginning, says Kaare Dybvad.
the Proposal will also have support from both the SF and Enhedslisten.
After the housing minister Ole Birk Olesen (LA) determined at a consultation that the government would not intervene, said the Unity boligordfører, Pelle Dragsted, available online Pio, that 'Unity will stretch very far', to get put in a spanner in the works of Blackstone and other kapitalfondes ravages.
Udskældt private equity fund
The u.s. private equity fund Blackstone has several times been accused for having used tax havens.
Blackstone has acquired a large number of properties in Copenhagen.
According to the Berlingskes mapping is the number more than 140 properties, and the value of the portfolio is believed to be close to ten billion. crowns.
Blackstone is working with the Danish firm 360 North – where Nils Jansson, who was known as speedy during the financial crisis, is investeringsdirektør in, and as his minor daughters of the owner.read more Close
private equity fund Blackstone has been heavily in the spotlight at the latest.
Via their management company 360 North has acquired 157 of the rental property, the company shall indicate on their website. In addition, the bankrupt ejendomsspekulant Nils Jansson in front of the enterprise.
360 Norths methods to push the rent up is known in the Bearing LO.
- It is a large machine that rolls over the town. They do not have the understanding that the living residents of the property. There goes the 14 days, and then they are going to replace everything possible. People receiving strange letters from them and being offered money to move, says Claus Højte director of the LLO, Copenhagen.
at the same time have The LO in the Capital received 70 inquiries from dissatisfied tenants of 360 North. Claus Højte believe that it is scary.
- a picture is emerging of a company that is quite aggressive and does not have a grip on the very fundamental rules. It is extremely uncomfortable for the tenants to stay in a property, where the landlord apparently did not know the law, says Claus Højte.