BERLIN (Dagbladet): film producer Aage Aaberges storprosjekt, dramaserien "Vintertronen", is about king Haakon and queen Maud, and the time before and after they were inaugurated as Norway's king and queen in 1905.
- It is the arrival in 1905 and the first and second world war that is hovedstolpene in the series, " says Aaberge.
Manusforfatterne based the series on the extensive source material to one of Norway's leading kongehistorikere, Tor Bomann-Larsen, who until now has released seven volumes on the Norwegian royal family, and works with the eighth. The two recently launched project towards the NRK.
We have just begun to write the series and has met with Bomann-Larsen to make the selection of the events we want to highlight. It is a huge source material, and we get to follow his books slavishly, " says Aaberge to the Newspaper.BERLIN: Manufacturer in the Nordic Film, Aage Aaberge. Photo: Knut-Eirik Lindblad / Dagbladet Show more - Controversial theories
To follow Bomann-Larsen books "slavic" can be open for several controversial scenes in the tv series, which aim for a budget in hundremillionersklassen.
In 2004 launched Bomann-Larsen's second book in his historical works about the Norwegian royal family, "the People. Haakon & Maud II". In the biography, which gave him Brageprisen, launched the historian a theory with sprengkraft, that the prince Olav was not the Maud and Haakons legitimate son.
Olav's biological father was not Haakon, but Maud's livlege, Sir Francis Laking, who treated her during a secret hospital stay in London in October 1902, argued historian.Possible sæddonor
In the illustrating of "the People" was a photograph of livlegens son, Guy Francis Laking, who was born in 1875. He should have been scary similar to Norway's king Olaf. Bomann-Larsen also opened for the Laking may have been set up as sæddonor. Dagbladet spoke of his time claims, which created a huge debate.
the Newspaper meetings, and Aage Aaberge under Berlinalen, Berlin international film festival. He visits the festival to present the "Vintertronen" of possible stakeholders, and in the long term, secure funding. Aaberge describes the theory to the Bomann-Larsen as "tough", but that they will not flinch from telling it, if they choose to take up the birth of Olaf in 1903.
- we Do what we have to tell about the background, but it may be we go into a different time where Olaf is already born. I'm not worried about making a series that contains such claims. Everything has been out in the media before.Want access to the Castle
- But you fear that it may destroy for a collaboration with the royal family?
- We are not dependent on a collaboration, but I hope that we get access to film scenes at the castle. It will strengthen the series, so their relationship to the Bomann and his theories, we must take note of.
- you Will depart from controversy in order to get access?
- We will be honest, but at the same time concerned not to create a sensasjonsserie. What fascinates me, is the political game around the king of Norway when he came to Norway in 1905. How he was used by Norwegian politicians in a power play and the liberation from Sweden. He is even tough enough to make demands about the referendum. Respect for Haakon has increased in the work with this series.
Are you republican or monarkist?
Of principle, I am republican, but I believe that the states, inserted in the present, is amazing, " says Aaberge.- Well documented
Tor Bomann-Larsen says the opposite Dagbladet that a possible inclusion of Olav's biological origin in the series, not taken a position. What the priorities of a biographical work on a total of 4000 pages don't know serieskaperne yet.
- Just the story is not in any particular position in relation to other stories. It falls into such, so be it, and then you go out from the information in the book. The theory is well documented, released to the public, and may not be withdrawn, but it is important to remember that it is not concluded in retrospect. Neither Olaf is Haakons son, or not. We are not going further in the series than in the book, said Bomann-Larsen.HISTORIAN: Tor Bomann-Larsen. Photo: Benjamin Ward / Dagbladet Show more Respect.
- Can it go beyond a possible collaboration with the royal family?
the King has respected the book series all the way, so this, I don't think they will add up.
- How is it to get a series of books you've written over two decades as a tv series?
- It is exciting and very interesting, but it is probably also frustrating. What I mean is especially important stories to filmatisere, is kongevalget in 1905, as well as the coronation in Nidaros. But we'll see what they select, " says Bomann-Larsen.
- Nordisk film-to get the outline out from the dramaturgiske and artistic reviews first, then I'll come with my evaluations afterwards, he continues.
The Norwegian historian Bodil Katarina Nævdal la in 2005 presented a report on the theories of Bomann-Larsen of st. Olaf, where she stated that "King Haakon is definitely king Olav's biological father", according to VG.