The Danish artist Kristian von Hornsleth has made homelessness to a business. In the conceptual art project "Hornsleth Homeless Tracker" has he namely laid out over 100 of London's resolve to birds for sale.100 SOLVE BIRDS: In the art project "Hornsleth Homeless Tracker" has Kristian von Hornsleth laid out over 100 of London's resolve to birds for sale. Photo: Hornsleth Homeless Tracker Show more
We love money more than we love people. So I thought that "now we sell the homeless". I have signed up to 120 homeless people, and then we sell them to art collectors, " he says to Danish TV 2 Fyn."Gold-homeless"
you Will buy a living? Come on, I'll show you how, " says the artist in an introductory video.
For a half a million dollars will get you right to follow the homeless with a GPS 24 hours a day. The artist has previously described the project as "human Pokémon Go" or "Tramp-agotchi". In addition, it comes with a gullportrett of "your" living.SHARE the MONEY: Half of the money that comes in on the project, go to the homeless who have set themselves up to disposal. Photo: Hornsleth Homeless Tracker Show more
There are ten of these "gold-homeless". Two of these should already be sold. Beside this, offers the artist also a cheaper variant, the "silver-homeless".
It also refers to klasseinndeling. Who will pay the most, " says the artist to the Danish DR.
Hornsleth hopes the exhibition will get people to think more of the inequality in society, which he believes is "the root of all evil".Raped and killed homosexual victims from the dating app
- The most important thing for me is to show that homelessness is an unpleasant symbol of what is wrong with the global economy, on the really big scale. Fuck racism - it is all borne out in social inequality in the world, " he says to DR.Exhibited in a cage
On hjemmesida to the project is portraits of the homeless that are posted for sale. Those who want to buy a living, can click into and see what is available and what is sold.
- All get something out of it, and the homeless get half of the money. When we do homelessness to a business, " says Hornsleth to the TV 2 Fyn.
20. December of last year opened the Hornsleth his new gallery Strayfield in Denmark. As the opening exhibition he set the Danish bums in glassmontrer and let them out for sale.
- I want to give people the opportunity to stand face to face with a living, homeless person, " says the artist in a press release, and continues:
- It's about making people aware that we live in a world where ten percent of the population owns 90 percent of the values. If we are unable to change this split, it will sooner or later result in armed conflict.
"Hornsleth Homeless Tracker" started up in 2017, and the parts of the project will later in the year are set out in Denmark, writes The Art Network. At the same time, also a documentary that has followed the project since the beginning will be released in England and Denmark.GOLD-GUYS: Here is the artist (at the back) with the group with the "gold-homeless" from London. Photo: Hornsleth Homeless Tracker Show more Reported to the police
Not everyone puts as big a price on the Hornsleths artistic expression. He was in 2017 reported to the british police by the organization Safer Streets Team, who believes the art project exploits the homeless.
Personally I'm appalled by this, " says project manager Ian Bangay to Camden Web Journal, and continues:the Mystery of the "Vaginaenes Mona Lisa" can finally be resolved
We are very concerned about, but it seems to be legal, so there is little we can do. We're going to talk with the homeless to ensure that they know that we can help them if they feel forced to take part in the project.
British police should have asked their trafficking experts have looked at the "Homeless Tracker"-hjemmesida, but they had according to the politiinspektør Paul Clarke not found any offences.Hypocrisy
Hornsleth believes even it is hypocrisy of the auxiliary to criticize him.
- They pretend that they are doing a whole section, so the middle class can donate the money and sleep well at night. But in reality they do not one of the things that could have solved the problem, he says, according to Berlingske, and continues:
I look at them as active people who can sell their stories and make money on it. They are not just garbage on the streets and shall have a five in the neck. But in the Uk they live still in Charles Dickens time, where poverty is considered to be your fate, and your personal problem.
The provokative artist attracted also the attention when he in 2006 got all of the 306 residents in a village in Uganda to change the last name to "Hornsleth".
They got his goat for the trouble.Stood up from the wheelchair and killed his mother