this Year's edition of the kræmmermarkedet oak forest Market in Kværndrup is cancelled.
The market has announced on their website.
The historic market each year about 80.000-100.000 visitors, peddlers, hestehandlere, landevejsriddere and others, writes on their website.
the Market has a long history that goes back more than 600 years back.
- this is The first time we have had to cancel, saith the kræmmermarkedets secretary, Dorete Hansen.
With coronavirussen in circulation and the current forsamlingsforbud it has not been possible to hold kræmmermarkedet. Also in alternative ways.
- We can not implement such a big market and keep people separated enough. We can't split it up in space as you can to concerts.
- So we have had to make the hard decision, even though it hurt. But you have to show the community spirit, says Dorete Hansen.
oak forest Market on the island of Fyn has obtained long. Here's a nostalgic picture from the 1970s. Photo: Ib Jensen /Ritzau Scanpix
It has not been an easy decision. One is that there is a breach of many years of tradition for one of the country's largest fairs. Anything else is money.
- We are put in the world to make money for the associations. We can not now. So it will have an impact on our earnings, " said Dorete Hansen.
- But there are still a kræmmermarked next year?
- Orc-yes! We are still working on it.
Also in the 1970s there were horses on the market. Photo: Ib Jensen/Ritzau Scanpix
If you had paid for one of the more than 350 state of the art at the market, so you will soon be contacted and have his stadeleje return.
the Market should have taken place 11. and 12 september 2020 - but the next time, the market will be held will so 10. and 11. september next year.