on Wednesday evening lost the Ole Stephensen awareness in his home in Vangede. Despite a rapid response of the rescuers and doctors failed to revive Stephensen, who was just 63 years old.
The popular tv host's untimely death has shocked both those who knew him personally, and all of us who have seen him on the tv as both the silly actor and deeply serious journalist.
for years, Jarl Friis-Mikkelsen and Ole Stephensen a tightly knit companionship that drew viewers to the tv-series 'the Brothers Øbberbøv' in 1983 and received almost a million danes in the cinema in 1985 to 'Walter and Carlo - up on daddy's hat'. Jarl Friis-Mikkelsen describes it as a bomb, when he in the evening got the message about the Ole Stephensens death.
- It came much behind me. The timing was completely warped. He was only 63 years old. He was otherwise a great and strong, sturdy guy. So I must say that it took pippet from me yesterday, when I got the message, says Jarl Friis-Mikkelsen to ekstrabladet.
Earl and Ole had a close working relationship. Photo: Jan Young
It was Ole Stephensen brother, Erik Stephensen, who called Jarl Friis-Mikkelsen, the immensely sad news.
- It came as a bomb. Simply. It ended up that I took out at Gentofte Hospital, where he lay. There I got to see him one last time, and I was actually really glad that I was allowed to by the family, says Friis-Mikkelsen.
It helped much, I would say. He had that mischievous smile that he had when he balanced between seriousness and humor, what he was really, really clever. His right arm was lying up on his stomach. It was very fine, and I came to think of Walter and Carlo, the only, Walter had to do was to wave with the arm that he says.
According to the Jarl Friis-Mikkelsen, it was a cardiac arrest, which put a premature end to the Ole Stephensens life.
- Even if the help came quickly, there was not anything that was fast enough in this case, said Jarl Friis-Mikkelsen, who call Ole Stephensen for more business partner than a close friend.
Danish well-known - 7. feb. 2019 - at. 06:43 Celebrity and politicians bemoaning the Ole Stephensens death
- He was a companion and a friend I have had in very many years, and as I have worked under many conditions. We are very different. He is a very serious, inquisitive and knowledgeable man, where I more underholdningsagtig and philosophical. A strange constellation, but since we were put together, tinkled it just the same, says Jarl Friis-Mikkelsen.
- and with that we were so different, as we were, but complemented each other so well, so we tried not to overrende each other for very private. We had an idea that we are constantly having to come up with something new to each other, when we have sown. We had to perform something new. If we went up at each other all the time, perhaps we would end up not making us trouble. So would it be too much everyday, and we would rather have a party when we planted and had to do something, he says.
- But even though we have not sown so very private, we have followed each other's lives. He has been there through my three marriages, and I have followed his children, as he was a great dad.
Ole Stephensen leaves a wife and two daughters aged respectively 19 and 21 years old.
Danish well-known - 6. feb. 2019 - at. 22:41 Shocked Bjerrehus: - I was a little småforelsket in him