the Debate on YouTube, Koda and payment to the musicians and composers are driven by the track.
Uffe Lorenzen, the man with the beard in rock bands such as Baby Woodrose, and the Tip Nøgenhat, as well as a selvbetitlet solo project, believes that it is irrelevant whether the payment to the Danish musicians falls.
even if the fall is 70 percent, as Google has requested, in a provisional agreement with Koda, who is negotiating about Youtube's payment to the Danish songwriters.
According to Uffe Lorenzen is the payment yet so infinitesimally small that it makes no difference, if it falls further.
- For me it is completely subordinated to the agreement YouTube, and Koda is doing. It does not matter to me, but I still think that YouTube is some pigs.
- It is ridiculous to talk about. For me it's something with my music is have to be on YouTube and Spotify, to it becoming available for people.
- I am selling vinyls, and it do I make money on, and I see the different streamingplatforme that spot. It is not real money. It is peanuts, he says.
Get the case on YouTube and koda's conflict explained here. Video: Mikkel Cramon
In a statement, Koda has published on its website, it appears that Spotify pay on average 8,8 dollars to the songwriter for 1000 viewings.
rock performer tells, that all streamingtjenesters payment for the use of his songs do not exceed 1000 dollars per year.
the Hit ’the island of Lolland Faster’ from the Tip Nøgenhats popular breakthrough, ’Come in peace’, is played 722.000 times on Spotify.
Thus, he lives in the high degree of the money he earns, when his songs are being played on the radio and the payment from live shows.
Uffe Lorenzen believes that music should be completely free.
- This is a symptom of a general development in the world, where inequality is becoming bigger and bigger, and they are simply sitting on the flæsket, becoming richer and richer.
- In the ideal world, I would gladly play music for free for people, if we had a basic income of 12,000 dollars each month.
- It's just not the world we live in, " says Uffe Lorenzen.
DK MusikNYT - 31. christmas. 2020 - pm. 20:47 The servant musicians on the streaming
DK MusikNYT - 31. christmas. 2020 - pm. 11:50 Music-war total: - It is thought-provoking
DK MusikNYT - 31. christmas. 2020 - pm. 19:41 the Devil's music violation: Two monopolies in the war
DK MusikNYT - 31. christmas. 2020 - pm. 10:49 YouTube is already gone in the black: - It is very miserable
See also: Remove Danish music: - the Problem with the tech-giants
See also: Music industry: Unreasonably low payment