on Friday morning, it was clear. From midnight it is no longer possible to hear the Danish artisters music on YouTube.
Tech giant Google is now in the process of removing the Danish musicians ' songs and videos from YouTube, after they failed to reach an agreement with Koda.
Google has as a condition for a new temporary agreement required that the money that composers and songwriters get for Youtube's use of music, is reduced by almost 70 percent in a temporary period of time.
See also: YouTube is already gone in the black: - It is very miserable
It will Koda do not accept why Google has decided that koda's members can't get their content shown on YouTube.
It has aroused the indignation of a large number of Danish artists who already on Friday, may find that their content has been removed from the streaming service.
One of them, that is up in the red field, is the singer Bryan Rice. He is a member of Koda and be able to Friday to find that a large number of his music videos are no longer available on YouTube.
Show this posting on Instagram
#notmytube Google røvrender Danish rightholders big time, and has in the negotiations where they will cut 70% in already-poor agreements, to shut our content is Completely unheard of As a licensee and member of the @koda_dk hills, I complete up on the fight for fair pay and against the mafia methods that Google uses here I hereby call on EVERYONE to find their music anywhere other than YouTube
- I can see that a large number of my videos have already been smoked, " says Bryan Rice for the Extra Blade when we catch him over the phone.
- I am a member of Koda, and I'm happy to be it. They have their man and fighting for my rights as an artist. Google and YouTube will not pay it, as Koda believes that the rights cost, and Google will not disclose what they will pay, he says.
According to Bryan Rice, many believe that musicians earn the box on the streaming such as YouTube. But it is in fact not.
- The general dane believe enough that we get a lot of money for streaming, but you serve really not much on YouTube, and that they will cut even more into it, is just completely unheard of, he says, and continues:
- Now they will cut the additional 70 percent in a period of time, and because Koda will not go along with it, remove the material. I think it's absolutely grotesque. It is decidedly mafiametoder, they use, when they pull material out. It is absolutely inadmissible. They play with the muscles of a small music industry, as you can very easily destroy, he says.
Bryan Rice is especially known for the hit 'No Promises'. Photo: Mogens Flindt
Bryan Rice find it difficult to put a precise figure on how much money he, personally, will lose know that his content is no longer to find on YouTube.
- It is very hard to say. I can't tell how much money I get for every stream, but it is clear that it is going to cost, he says, and continues:
- It is hard for me as an artist to go on Google or Youtube page. I think that they should be happy for the content we as artists make to their platform. They have billion-profits. Why should the money not go to those who create content for their platforms?
Although Bryan Rice is good and thorough tired of YouTube, he tells that it is a big problem for him, if his music in the future will not be available on YouTube.
- I'm one of the artists who release music in English. It is a handicap for me, if it's not available on YouTube, and I wish that those who listened to my music , listened a place where there was a proper settlement. It do not do that on YouTube, he says, and continues:
- I supports up on koda's battle, and so I hope that it can lead to something better. It may be that they find another place where you can share videos, for example on Spotify. I hope that there will be opened up for the video on the here platforms in the future, so that there can be competition for Google, he says, and adds:
Faustix gone in black: - It is to laugh
- the Danes must understand that it is not because we are greedy. I'm not good for many millions, though I have been a big hit. It's about to get a worthy payment for the work you have done, and we will not. So this battle is super important. And I urge you to listen to their music in a place where you know that the artists get their payment.Show more Close