Post a Comment Print Share on Facebook
Featured Newsteam sexto Kongresse Mercedes Benz calor

Brexit without agreement costs of Flemish companies 800 million euros per year

If the British are still without agreement from the European Union steps, then the cost to that of Flemish companies to the United Kingdom to export 800 million

- 2 reads.

Brexit without agreement costs of Flemish companies 800 million euros per year
If the British are still without agreement from the European Union steps, then the cost to that of Flemish companies to the United Kingdom to export 800 million euros per year. That has Flemish minister president, Geert Bourgeois calculation. Especially the automotive industry is extremely hard hit: the cost of Uk import tariffs are on up to 700 million euros on an annual basis.

Although the parliament already two times against a brexit without agreement agreed, can the United Kingdom on 29 march - or at a later date - still no deal from the European Union steps. In that case, will the British at 13 per cent of imports from Europe, rates levy, the government decided last week. The other 87 percent that remains tariefvrij in that temporary no-deal-plan, but the prices of meat, shoes, underwear and cars and the height.

Read also government sources: “Voting day for brexitdeadline still possible”

Flemish minister-president Geert Bourgeois (N-VA) to calculate how hard that scenario, the Flemish companies would take. And that analysis predicts little good. Flanders exports each year more than 27 billion euro to the United Kingdom, of which 30 percent would be subject to import duties. That would be on an annual basis 800 million euros in costs, or 3,16% on top of the total Flemish exports towards Great Britain.

Avatar
Your Name
Post a Comment
Characters Left:
Your comment has been forwarded to the administrator for approval.×
Warning! Will constitute a criminal offense, illegal, threatening, offensive, insulting and swearing, derogatory, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, indecent, personality rights, damaging or similar nature in the nature of all kinds of financial content, legal, criminal and administrative responsibility for the content of the sender member / members are belong.