unfortunately, It was not a bad dream, when he and his wife Kathy and Anny Hansen at 02.10 on the night of Sunday were torn out of their sleep and directly into a ragnarok of broken glass, bricks, dust and, not least, shock.
We lay in our beautiful sleep and had no idea, of course, in no way boldly, when we were awakened by a big bang. We thought in the first seconds that our extractor fan had fallen down from the ceiling, but when we came out in the kitchen, we could see that it was much worse than that, " says Poul Hansen.
A black Golf GTI, year 2014 was literally flown into the matrimonial house in the village of Hillerup seven kilometres to the west of Ribe.
the Devastation was extensive both inside and out, as evidenced by this picture with the tree and the debris in the Poul Anny Hansen's living room on Hillerupvej west of Ribe. Private
- Yes, we could see that it was flown in here. Both because the house was hit over the sokkelhøjde, and because there has not been a single ruts on the lawn between the road and the side of the house that was hit.
- There has been the pressure well and truly on the accelerator, and it does not appear that the driver of the car has reached the curb, before the car hit the corner of the house and pushed the whole outer wall on the one side with five centimeters, tells the 64-year-old vestjyde with unruffled voice.
When Poul and Anny Hansen in dressing-gown, realized the scope of the accident searched the immediately after the, if there were injured people in the car. The couple - whose adult children have left home - was even unharmed, but, of course, greatly shocked along with their dog.
- the Car was empty, so he (the driver) has quickly taken its flight, " says Poul Hansen, of the police have been informed, that there was allegedly a young man from the Ribe-area as the only one in the wrecked car.
the outer wall was hit with such a force that it has moved five centimeters on one entire side of the house. Private
- He is fortunately not injured. We were immediately afraid, " says Poul Hansen, who together with his 57-year-old wife have used most of Sunday to recover and get an overview of the damage.
The black Golf is plowed through a byskilt and remains straight out in a perpendicular bend in the Hillerupvej and check in Poul and Anny's house over the past 30 years.
- We are not going to move, even though it is a lot of work to repair the damage. The outer wall of the bleachers facing the road must be changed, and there has also been a part internal damage. The people from the claims service has already closed the gap temporarily with a wooden wall, and so must the matter go its course, when an appraiser has made status on Monday, says Poul Hansen.
On the question of what thoughts and feelings he and his wife have in relation to the man, who ran into their house, he answers without hesitation:
- He must like us have got a big shock, and we're just happy that he didn't seriously hurt. Anger we do not label to, for he has probably not done it intentionally.
See also: Car crashing into the house