Up to 40 percent off on selected products, a 60 percent discount on certain cell phone plans from cheap brands: The Swiss trade outdoes herself today in its online shops with bargains. It is Singles' Day, the first of three discount days in the next four weeks. The Black Friday and Cyber Monday follow.
Many vendors have extended the Black Friday in the past few years on a whole discount of the week. Out of the Black Friday, the Cyber Week was Offered, so a whole week with the ever-changing. Since almost every trader has during this week special offers, it will be for the stores from year to year, but more difficult, from the Abundance of actions stand out. That's why the stores put increasingly on the Singles' Day.
"The development of Singles' Day in Switzerland is likely to be similar as in the Black Friday: Every year, twice as many traders make about with than in the previous year," says Julian Zrotz of black Friday deals.ch. The Start-up based in Lucerne, has set itself the goal of bringing on its Website an Overview of the confusing discount jungle.
sales at 35 million Swiss francs
the turnover of The Swiss online trade at the present day, is expected to amount to 35 million Swiss francs. The Trend is upward. In comparison, the retail trade will implement this year on Black Friday are estimated at 95 million Swiss francs in Swiss online shops, says Zrotz.
However, Swiss consumers perceive the discount days in the retail trade at all? A survey of the comparison platform singlesdayschweiz.ch from last August shows that the Singles’ Day in Switzerland is less well known than the Black Friday. Over 1000 people in Switzerland were asked whether they have heard of this day of action. Only 17.5 percent have answered this question with Yes. The remaining 82.5 percent of the Singles’ Day to the time of the survey was not yet known.
German-speaking Swiss prefer electronics
In the case of the expenditure shows that consumers are hardly willing to pay a lot of money. 54 percent of respondents want less spend over 100 francs on Singles’ Day. 39 percent of the people are expected to raise between 100 and 300 francs. Only 7 percent can imagine, about 300 Swiss francs leaves.
at the top of the shopping list of electronics in the German part of Switzerland, followed by clothing and footwear, and household appliances. In the Romandie are in demand, however, above all, clothes and shoes, as a recent survey conducted by the strategy consultancy Oliver Wyman shows.
see also: So seduce us Online retailers for shopping
the stores Are, consumers have time to Browse. What are the factors for Sunday Shopping animate.
connoisseurs of the retail sector to criticize the discount battle. "With high discounts to the retail trade, cannibalization of business and margin loses strong sales," says Nordal Cavadini, trade expert of the Swiss member firm of Oliver Wyman.
According to Marco Fuhrer of the Zug-based consultancy firm Fuhrer & Hotz, the turnover of shopping actions is rising in the short term, but the profitability is declining in the long term. The reason for this is The retailer to educate the consumers to bargain hunters. The latter change their behavior. You have to wait until the next one of its experienced, to hamsters and then and not have to buy stock.
Alibaba accounts for 12.9 billion in the first hour
The Singles’ Day comes in contrast to the Black Friday and Cyber Monday not from the USA, but ironically, from Communist China. There is the day of the bachelor was brought to the Nanjing University and quickly spread in the country.
Originally, four young Chinese wanted to on 11. In November 1993, her Single life to celebrate, and conducted a kind of Anti-Valentine's day. The language not only on the Nanjing Campus, but in the whole of China. The Singles’ Day became a Tradition in the next years to an important. Secluded from all over the country use the day-to-get-to-know parties.
Alibaba founder Jack Ma jumped up in the year 2009 on this Trend and launched the Singles Day sale. His idea was that Singles are supposed to buy themselves gifts. In the meantime, the day brought the largest Internet retailer in China, and Amazon-rival billion in sales in just a short period of time.
In the first hour of this year's Singles’ Day, Alibaba was the equivalent of 12.9 billion Swiss francs. The total was 22 percent higher than a year ago.
Created: 11.11.2019, 11:41 PM