A cellar is an efficient way to get the usable space of your property to increase. Especially with the smaller and more expensive land today. A basement can serve as storage room, garage, play area or gym.
Tip : did you Know that there are several types of cellars exist? Discover here which type of basement for your house is suitable.
• Relatively cheap extra space
• Forms an insulating buffer between your house and the soil
• Smaller plot and roof area is required for the same woonvolume
• * * Important added value to sales
• Utilities are straightforward to operate and remain accessible
• Frost-free space, the temperature varies little and is easy to desired level
• Any storage shed for oil tank
• May serve as a garage
• Basement is more expensive (than kruipkelder)
• Hardly any natural light
• watch out for moisture problems in areas with high water table
• Good ventilation requires special attention.
• additional Cost for waterproofing
Tip : this is how you make a basement waterproof.