A fire in a building on the Ølandsvej in Viborg were Friday evening the police to turn on the luftsirenerne and warn citizens to stay out of the plume.
Sirenevarslet reached out to more people than intended in the middle - and west jutland police district for more concern.
- is on too many sirens in relation to what was needed, says Thomas Kristensen from the national Police to Ekstra Bladet.
Police took over recently, the operation of the country's sirens, and you now realize that something went wrong with the alert in the night.
- We have asked for an explanation, and so we must have looked at, on one or another of the system must be changed, so we avoid to be in the situation again, says Thomas Kristensen.
Many citizens were anxious over luftsirenen and kept the phones in the Mid - and Vestjyllands Police red-hot, writes TV MidtVest.
- because of the sirens we had 600 in the queue, which we could not answer, says vagtchef Henrik Nielsen for the tv station.
A woman from Silkeborg criticize to Ekstra Bladet the authorities ' lengthy announcements about that sirenevarslingen far from being applied to all the citizens could hear it.
Many let the bile run in Silkeborg Municipality's Facebook page, where he briefed about the error.
'just managed to dig a trench and take a pot on his head, all that for nothing...', is one of the more humorous comments.
'There must satme not be failures in such a thing! My goodness, this is bad style - when it gets here so as not to 'the Fox comes and the fox come'. Satme bad, write another.
Sirenevarsling besides in Viborg is a technical error. #politidk— MV-Jutland Police (@MVJPoliti) March 15, 2019
According to Thomas Kristensen from the Police it went relatively quickly up to the authority, that there was something wrong, but you recognize that for a long time to get oriented to the public.
It took a long time to get the information back to the DR and TV2, which are obliged to bring the information, he says, and adds, that it was announced via Facebook and Twitter.
- Now it is not everyone who follows the news on the social media...
- It also came from DR and TV2, but not as quickly as one could have wished for. It is clear that in such a situation, people become worried, and then the information out as soon as possible. It should afvarsles with sirenesignalet, so that people know that there is no danger is afoot.
the Fire in Viborg, as the sirens certainly warned citizens on Saturday morning off, and there is no longer risk of harmful smoke.
According to the agency, it becomes nationwide sirenevarslingssystem used at major accidents and disasters, a greater number of people are in an acute life-threatening situation.
Varslingssignalet is a tone that rises quickly and falls slowly again. It is repeated 4 times, when announced danger. At the same time sent a beredskabsmeddelelse to the DR and TV2 as informing the public. the
the broadcaster can also choose to bring the messages on their websites. When the danger is past, afvarsles with one long tone.
Since 1994, the sirens were tested once a year - always the first Wednesday in may at noon. 12. The agency calls it the 'Big Hyledag'. All sirens shall be tested in addition, each night, without a sound.
There is a keen 1.078 sirens on the buildings, or master in the urban areas with more than 1,000 inhabitants. The sirens can be heard about 80% of the population. The range is 1-1,5 kilometers. the
In areas outside but there are many range can the police raise the alarm by mobile sirens.
emergency management agency's siren in the Grove, which is part of the national sirenevarslingssystem. Photo: Mads Dalegaard/Ritzau Scanpixçeviri