The renowned success manager Sir Alex Ferguson's shadow fills too much into Manchester United and prevents storklubben and the managers who have followed him, to find a new way forward.
It takes Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who played 53 matches for the club.
David Moyes, Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho got constant criticism for the particular, to depart from the United spillemæssige DNA, while it currently may seem that Ferguson as a mentor protects and supervisor Ole Gunnar Solskjær.
- Everything that happens in the club, will be judged from the Ferguson era. That being said all the time that ’if Ferguson had been here, so this had not been done. Ferguson would not have done so. Ferguson had done this’, and so on, he says to the Daily Mirror.
- If it was me, I would say that I am not under Ferguson any longer. I come here to create my own story. Therefore, I will not hear what has happened in the past. I will act in the present. I come in with a new mentality, says the swede, who is known to have a close relationship with Mourinho.
Ferguson has its place in the history of this club, but now the club on. It must find its own identity, and it is hard.
Among the harshest critics have been members of Ferguson's famous stjerneårgang, Class of ’92, led by Paul Scholes.
- They are not in the club anymore. They sit on tv and complain all the time, because they themselves are active in the club, says the cash from Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
- If you want to work for the club, then find yourself a job in the club. You can't sit on tv and complain and criticize all the time. But okay, you've had your time. It by we.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic predicts Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford a very big future at the club. Photo: AP
Ibrahimovic, who reportedly also is close on Paul Pogba, believes also, that the old United bigwigs have been unfair in their criticism of the French star.
- He was in the club as a young man, was away and came back. And the kind they don't like in ’Ferguson's circle’, for they were all in the club under Ferguson. And they said not a word, unless Ferguson asked them about it. When they speak today, I do not know, whether it is after permission from Ferguson, it sounds sarcastic from Ibrahimovic.
- I think Pogba has the potential to become the world's best player at his position. He is a good guy, he trains hard, he listens, he will improve, he will win and he will perform in all matches.
- He allows himself to be affected by all the talk from the outside, for when you are on the level, everyone will talk about you, positively and negatively.
- Marcus Rashford is the club's future. In the beginning I saw him as a individualist. Now he plays more for the team and not just for themselves. He has great potential and a great future at United. It is something special, that he comes from the club's own academy, and I see no limits for him.