Visadankortet is a closed chapter.
In each case, for the customers at Jyske Bank, when their Visadankort begin to expire in the coming years. It informed the bank's senior management earlier in the day via erhvervsmediet Finance.
According to the Jyske Bank will forward split Visadankortet up in the two cards, so the customers will be offered a debit and a Visadebit card.
Ekstra Bladet has asked Jyske Bank's CIO, Peter Trier Schleidt, why the customers of the bank will now need to have two cards instead of one, and where he thinks the benefits are.
Peter Trier Schleidt and the rest of the Jyske Bank will let customers choose which card they want to pay with. Therefore, dropping the now the combined dan - and Visa card, reads the explanation. Photo: Kim Agersten
- It is the right one. We would like to give customers the choice. Give them the opportunity to choose how they will pay. As it is with a Visadankort, you will not be asked which card you pay with. It gets the going forward, says Peter Trier Schleidt.
- most have plenty of cards in the purse in advance. Why is it important for customers, whether that is credit card, Visa or Visadankort on their debit card?
- the Functionality is not the same. There is not developed so much on dankortet, as there is with Visakortet. On the new Visa card will get additional features.
- What are the features?
- For example, one can use it for Applepay, there may be opportunity to associate kundefordelsprogrammer and much more. Visa developer map for the billions of users and allows us to access up to 700 functions, as we can associated with the map, which is not possible when it is hung together with dankortet.
- But you can also associate kundefordelsprogrammer to dankortet. It is most important not, that you can pay with it?
- Visakortet also has the advantage that it can be used internationally. That may be assigned to insurance and much more. At the same time, a debit card, we provide the customers so you also can not raise. There are many who demand.
- it Is not just because you can make more money on it and take the higher fee?
- Both are free for consumers. But compared to the us, the situation is such, that if you look across all of our means of payment, so that we serve nothing on it. In turn, our customers really very up in herself to be able to choose.
- Both the association the Consumer council Think and the retailers ' association the Danish business believes that this is an attack on dankortet, because it is not possible to screw up the fees on the dankortet in the same way as it is with Visa and Mastercard. Don't they have a point?
- As I said, we serve nothing on it. It is not an attack on dankortet, but it provides, of course, dankortet more competition. If customers opt out of dankortet, when now they get the choice, so we have no need for dankortet more. But then it is the customers who choose it from, and not us.