last week released the long-awaited PS4 game 'The Last of Us Part II'. The game is viewed as the largest, which is released for the PS4 in 2020, and has taken the critics by storm.
the Game is a post-apocalyptic action game where the main character Ellie is struggling for its survival - and revenge.
most critics giving the game 10/10, and a metascore of 95/100 from anmeldersiden Metacritic testifies to a highly successful game.
But it is only half the truth. At the same anmelderside provides users with just an average mark 4,3/10 based on more than 70,000 reviews.
According to the Danish spilekspert Thomas Bense is the reason for the positive reviews the same as the reason why users are furious: the history of the Game.
- You can compare it with Game and Thrones, which received much criticism when the story suddenly took a drastic turn. It is also here, says Thomas Bense, who is spilekspert at PixelTV.
The first edition of the game, which was released in 2013, referred to the two protagonists Ellie and Joel, and the game took the entire world by storm. Users loved the game and the characters.
Thus users have over the past seven years built up expectations for the sequel, and it poses high requirements, considers the expert.
- It that frustrates so many people is that they invest a lot of emotion in it here. They are dedicated and immerse themselves so much into the characters. Joel is a character you really like, and he dies really fast in the new game. So there comes a lot of new characters, you suddenly must hold of. It is similar to that one of the main characters die in a series, says Thomas Bense.
- There are really high expectations, because there has gone such a long time. But when the main characters don't survive, then people get tired of that they have invested so much time in it, he explains.
Monday, wrote DR, to users ' massive criticism due to the main character, Ellie, turns out to be a lesbian in the new game, and that the users criticize the game publisher to be too politically correct. But it is a misconception, says Thomas Bense.
- It does not matter that she is a lesbian. It is a small thing, and it is fine, he says.
most of The negative user comments on Metacritic yesterday when not on the protagonist's sexuality, but on the actual position.
- in Addition spilfirmaet accused for their employees to work 24/7, without that being taken into account for leisure. It has received much criticism in the UNITED states. It is powered by ildsjælde, and it has been squatting for to abuse. One can well understand how it should not be, says spileksperten.
It is the games publisher 'Naughty Dog', who are behind the release 'The Last of Us Part II'.
despite the users ' strong disappointment with the new story, so is it just the story that makes the game good, believe Thomas Bense.
- I also think it is a good game. The story is well told. It is a historiebåret games, as you will want to invest his time in. It is an insanely great looking game and the graphical design are the finest you can get on Playstation4, says Thomas Bense.
Spileksperten Thomas Bense's like the reviewers wild with The Last Party of the Us II. Private.